Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: News update the Manchester magic forced out of his bout

i think its more Mike ego getting in the way
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Persil View Post
    Firstly I must state I have never professed to being any good, but I have never cheated putting my knee down on semi pro to get a DQ win.
    Secondly to those who have said MMA Officials are on a witch hunt for me, because they have stopped my last 3 fights from happening in the last 3 months and there are those with worse records, like the guy in the North East who is 0-20-0 and left him alone, they are only exercising their right to apply their labour when and where they want and I hold no grudges. So you can cut them some slack as they are good for the sport.
    Who was the 0-20 fighter?

And even if he was 0-20, is he showing more willing and defence than yourself?

No offence Mike but that was horrible to watch - you looked like a fish out of water and you should give it up.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Persil View Post
    Firstly I must state I have never professed to being any good, but I have never cheated putting my knee down on semi pro to get a DQ win.
    Secondly to those who have said MMA Officials are on a witch hunt for me, because they have stopped my last 3 fights from happening in the last 3 months and there are those with worse records, like the guy in the North East who is 0-20-0 and left him alone, they are only exercising their right to apply their labour when and where they want and I hold no grudges. So you can cut them some slack as they are good for the sport.
    Can you sell me some of that crack you are smoking so i ca have it before i watch Craig Allen who may lose but actually comes to fight you horrible little attention seeking wierdo?

MMA Officials would just like to clarify the situation with Mike and the happennings on the day of this particular event.

We received the fightcard at midday on the day of the event. Mike Persil v Julio Calcina was published as an Amateur "A" class bout (with headshots). We immediately raised concerns with the promoter.
    When we arrived at the venue we spoke with the promoter again, explaining again why we had the concerns, which were the safety of Mike himself, the reputation of the promoter, that of MMA Officials and most importantly that of the sport of MMA in this country, if the very likely outcome of Mike being seriously injured occurred.
    We explained that we did not want Mike to fight at all due to this and that MMA Officials would not supply an official to referee the fight under any circumstances.
    This was explained to the promoter, Mike himself and also his opponent Julio. All three decided amongst themselves, that the fight would take place anyway, but under "C" class, no headshot rules.
    The promoter used a referee who was a Thai fighter with experience in refereeing Thai.

As most of you are probably aware, Mike was due to be on Made4theCage tomorrow. We contacted the promoter immediately when this was announced and again raised the same concerns. Thankfully, the promoter, on this occasion, has now pulled the fight from his card.
    We hope that other promoters will take this stance as having Mike Persil on an event will only end badly.

MMA Officials are not on a "witch hunt" as regards Mike, or any other fighter, for that matter. We are here to assist in raising the standards of MMA in this country, not only in officiating, but also regarding the safety of the fighters, which is paramount to us. With the assistance of other respected people in the sport, who you are all aware of, this is our ultimate goal.

Our message to Mike, this is a serious and heartfelt message, please stop putting yourself in a position of risking permanent injury by volunteering to fight. It is not just yourself that you will damage by doing so, it is the growth and reputation of the sport of MMA that you are putting at risk. If you love the sport, as you say you do, then please stop now, while you still have your good health.
    Last edited by DeanoW; 15-12-2012 at 01:13 PM.
    REFEREE with MMA Officials

Thanks for clarifying. From the video it looks like he was hit with headshots but his with Persil you can get any reaction from any shot. You can understand the thoughts when the MMA Officials log was so clear which seemed strange knowing the Made 4 the Cage decision.

I hope all promoters learn not to use him on shows, even in fights with no headshots, as in the video, he is dire. His reaction was probably an attempt to get a DQ win for an illegal headshot

I don't get why he does it? he doesn't even try to fight! surely he isn't getting paid that much to do no headshots amateur?!

I can understand the likes of allen/thompson/welsh etc doing it, because they actually put up a fight and get paid pretty well for it too.

Mike, knock it on the head mate. Keep training, enjoy it and maybe do some grappling comps. You don't even look like you want to fight when you are in there, anyone who gets dropped with a punch to the arm should not be fighting. End of.

Fighting isn't for everyone, leave it alone before you get seriously hurt.
    - KRIS BARRAS - FORCA LUTA -

Just been having a watch of some of the fights on youtube, gotta say I'm cringing more at the celebrations of the fighters after beating him than Mikes fighting to be honest!

There's no point harping on about how bad Mike Persil's techniques (when he gets chance to try them) are; but the whole issue rather begs the question "Why on Earth would any serious promoter book a fighter who bills himself as 'an independent fighter' but who has no discernible history in the sport?"

Any half decent coach would have picked up the flaws in Mike's game and refused to enter him in competitions at this level. if there's no regular coach to speak to about his ability, why book him?
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Exile View Post
    There's no point harping on about how bad Mike Persil's techniques (when he gets chance to try them) are; but the whole issue rather begs the question "Why on Earth would any serious promoter book a fighter who bills himself as 'an independent fighter' but who has no discernible history in the sport?"

Any half decent coach would have picked up the flaws in Mike's game and refused to enter him in competitions at this level. if there's no regular coach to speak to about his ability, why book him?
    I'm guessing it's desperate measures to ensure their fight goes ahead with the guy who has sold 100 tickets for the show?. Anyone booking him in advance seriously has issues. I think there should be some kind of registered list of journeyman who can at least put up a fight and their fights be monitored to make sure they are able to fight (as in not KO'd the week before) and then people can see who is available last minute but someone that is not at major risk
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    I'm guessing it's desperate measures to ensure their fight goes ahead with the guy who has sold 100 tickets for the show?. Anyone booking him in advance seriously has issues. I think there should be some kind of registered list of journeyman who can at least put up a fight and their fights be monitored to make sure they are able to fight (as in not KO'd the week before) and then people can see who is available last minute but someone that is not at major risk
    Yea i agree with you the list is a great idea.