Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loughnane: The Ultimate Fighter Changed Me

Default Loughnane: The Ultimate Fighter Changed Me

Harry Williams caught up with Brendan Loughnane of Team UK 'The Smashes' fame, ahead of his featherweight bout with Mike Wilkinson at UFC On FX 6 this weekend:

"Everything has changed in my life," explained Loughnane. "Before I went there, I was just a local fighter that competed on shows like Ultimate Cage Championships and Clash of Warriors back in the day, I wasn't really doing too much. I always believed I could do it at this level though. I was always wishing for the chance to get myself out there.

"Since I've been back, I feel different as a person and a fighter. I feel that I walked into the house as a boy and left as a man. I found out what areas needed improving too.
    http://www.yourmma.tv/fighters/inter...-interview.htm

It's a great interview and insight into how the opportunity changed his life for the better.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

really enjoyed that TTT
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

It's almost a shame that Loughnane and Wilkinson are fighting each other because - apart from Freakshow, obviously - they were probably my favourite two fighters of the season. Best of luck to 'em both.

By the way, Wilkinson's eye (as well as your own eye the other month, Jay) was the stuff of nightmares for a guy with eye-a-phobia like myself
    Tea Drinker for Life, but preaching tolerance for the Children of Coffee.

Thats a great interview. Looking forward to the results
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President

I think Brendan went into TUF too early if i'm being totally honest. A great experience but he may be disappointed if he has to go back to fighting local shows again. I like him but don't think he is top level
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Well, he proved he was just as good as Wilkinson last night. It's early for either of those guys, but they're not going to turn down the opportunity are they?!

Thought Brendan had edged it when I watched it last night by the way. Anyone else? Was a cool fight though, both guys did well.

Both of them fought like warriors last night. Had me out of my seat a couple of times.

I had Bren winning rounds 2 and 3.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

Great fight, I thought Brendan done enough had him winning 2 an 3 also

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Well, he proved he was just as good as Wilkinson last night. It's early for either of those guys, but they're not going to turn down the opportunity are they?!

Thought Brendan had edged it when I watched it last night by the way. Anyone else? Was a cool fight though, both guys did well.
    To be fair, he did better than I thought he would. I thought with Mike's gameplan to take him down then he could have controlled the fight more. Brendan stuffed pretty much everything so the fight went to Brendan's comfort zone on the feet where he showed some good stand up and a solid chin. Think over the 3 then Wilkinson slightly edged it though.

My comment before, was more that he's young and getting better and is the least experienced guy in there and therefore he would have maybe benefited another year or 2 to get better then go in. Of course, if the UFC say they want you then your not going to turn it down.

I think he's a decent fighter but just that he won't make an impact in the UFC, hence, would be disappointed if he had to go back to smaller regional shows.
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    To be fair, he did better than I thought he would. I thought with Mike's gameplan to take him down then he could have controlled the fight more. Brendan stuffed pretty much everything so the fight went to Brendan's comfort zone on the feet where he showed some good stand up and a solid chin. Think over the 3 then Wilkinson slightly edged it though.

My comment before, was more that he's young and getting better and is the least experienced guy in there and therefore he would have maybe benefited another year or 2 to get better then go in. Of course, if the UFC say they want you then your not going to turn it down.

I think he's a decent fighter but just that he won't make an impact in the UFC, hence, would be disappointed if he had to go back to smaller regional shows.
    TBF though that could be said about a lot of the winners of past TUF's.

Missed the first round as i was cutting weight but caught the last two. I thought Brendan took the second and if i'm fully honest don't know who i'd of gave the third to, if i was judging i'd potentially of given it 10-10. I thought Wilkinson was on his was to winning the round but then Brendan dropped him but didn't do a lot with it afterwards. either was though was a great fight in the two rounds i saw.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency