Thread: Gyms in Hull.

Hybrid View

Default Gyms in Hull.

Hi, it seems as if I've ended up at the worst possible place in the UK for training! I cannot seem to find a good quality gym. I'm here for the next 3/4 years for university and would like a good to high quality gym as I have aspirations to compete in MMA in the near future.

Someone please shed some light on where the best place to train is. I've heard a bit about MDMA, again someone please shed some light on this gym. Thanks in advance.

definately slaughterhouse(part of fight ministry).good facilities,good guys and a great atmosphere.ask for mel leathley.they are involved with a quality gym just over the bridge in grimsby aswell you should check out(also fight ministry).

Just did some research it seems as if Mel and a guy named Louis chapman hold classes there. Which out of the 2 is better? I'm looking for a really good gym/trainer with a reputation with good fighters

Could you give me a number or contact details for Mel? Do you know anything about MDMA in hull?

both really good mate . ive trained with louis a few times ,hes a good up and coming pro ,who started under Mel.Mel Leathley runs the gym and is a traditional no-nonsense old school trainer whos been there and seen it all.Cant go wrong either way mate.they have a brilliant bjj class on a sunday afternoon with louis chapman and a fantastic purple belt andy pyle,and a great stand-up sparring night on a friday at 6 ish.Not trained at the other one tbh,but ive trained quite a few times with the grimsby fight ministry and theyve got some of the best young pro prospects in the country.really good little gym.

Good stuff mate. I'll definitely contact Mel when I'm back in Hull after Xmas, sounds quite good. I'm in the student area of Cottingham in Hull quite a trek getting to the Grimsby gym though.