Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: making debut

Thanks everyone.. I actually did train with a team for the past 2year but it wasnt for me.. In the new year ill be training with a few different teams and fighters..

Quote Originally Posted by DannyWood92 View Post
    Thanks everyone.. I actually did train with a team for the past 2year but it wasnt for me.. In the new year ill be training with a few different teams and fighters..
    I would suggest that you find a team where you are most comfortable and fight under their banner. There's nothing wrong with training in more than one place but there's no substtute for a coach who know youtr strengths and weaknesses inside out and who knows exactly what kind of preparation you need between the weigh in and the bout starting; not to mention how to support you after a loss.
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Yeah yeah i get you. Thanks for the suggestions.

Do you train UFC or MMA though?
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

"What's your gameplan for this fight?"

"I'm going to hit him."

"Remember what we've been working on?"

"Yeah. Hitting."

"Remember when we got those guys down to help you with your game?"

"My mates?"

"Yeah, them. Remember what they said?"

"That I was good at hitting!"

"Damn right!"

Guy stood next to you in the changing room: "Mate, why are you talking to yourself?"

"Shut up! I'm an indepedent!"

"Yeah. Shut up!"
    LANCASTER AND MORECAMBE MMA - Home to Shay Walsh, Matty Steele and Alex 'The Marksman' Makhonin

Ive trained mma.. Also 2 styles of karate

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Have you polished your shoes? It's a tradition in the UK to wear very smart shoes to the fight. i think it goes back to when Tito got knocked out wearing dress shoes.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

"Yeah yeah I get you. Thanks for the suggestions..." but I'll ignore everything that was suggested.

I can't think of one 'independent' fighter in the UK or a big show who has done well.

If you're having to post on a forum to ask for fights cos you don't have any coaches to help you find an event, it's not going well.

There are plenty of gyms worthwhile in and around Leeds with a mix of people to help you out, stay safe and approach them.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.