Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish MMA Awards 2012: Voting

Default Scottish MMA Awards 2012: Voting

Get your votes in folks:

*****VOTING CLOSED, RESULTS TOMORROW*****

If you think I've missed anything, get in touch asap so I can get it added.

Thanks to the awards sponsors EZ Sports who'll be providing some prizes for the winners. Check out their competition on Facebook and have a look at www.ezsports.co.uk

Also big thanks to all those who helped with nominations.
    Last edited by David Bateman; 19-12-2012 at 01:47 PM.
    Check out Your MMA on Facebook www.facebook.com/YourMMA

Some good guys at c class.

DNFT train together should be counted together

Regarding fight of the year, a fight by definition should be just that a fight, competitive, back and forth, give and take thats the fights fighters enjoy and fans should appreciate not tough man contests, or someone's ability to persist through a one sided affair. some of these fights you have mentioned were almost shut outs.

Adam Stevenson v Marcin Wrosek, On Top 6 as oer usual adam was as tough as hell and entertaining but the fight was one sided in Marcin's favour, Adam was never going to win but his heart carried him through to the final bell.

Dan Hope v Avi Jack, Cage Warriors 50 was again a shut out, Dan win the fight in every department against a talented opponent but it was never cometitive

David Galbraith v Bobby McVitie, On Top 6 havent seen this to comment

Joanne Calderwood v Lena Ovchynnikova, SFL 3 Even though joanne was a big underdog, the fight was one sided and a shut out.

Alan Johnston v Jessin Ayari, On Top 5 Great fight, back and forth, Aj survived several sub attempts before finishing with a massive KO

Id have Delaney v Fall in there also, Delaney wins first 2 rounds, gets rocked round 3 survives but loses round 3 and 4 and goes into 5 round knowing he needs to turn the momentum and win the round which he does.

There's a difference between a fighter performing really well like Marcin, Dan and Joanne in the bouts mentioned above and a bout where both participants have to struggle for every inch and every second of success in a contest.

Kept the Ninjas separate solely for some competition because you guys will win easily anyway. Last year you had a huge % of the vote, and this year the three branches are sitting in 1st, 2nd and 4th at this stage, with the front two miles ahead of the rest.

Yeah get what you're saying, some of those are pretty one-sided and could probably have been Performance of the Year rather than Fight contenders. Hard to say what the criteria should be though- do they all need to be competitive or can they be really memorable? I'd say those are the fights that stood out from the rest over the year.

I'd still consider them awesome fights, and of the people I asked for nominations, they came up several times (except Hope v Jack, that was just my input).

Stevenson v Wrsozek is one of the craziest fights I've seen and something I'll remember for a long time. In that one, I don't think it matters if it was one-sided, the fight was epic for other reasons. Don't think I've seen anyone take that much damage and keep marching forward.

Hope v Jack...yeah this one could have been Performance of the Year instead. I wouldn't say it wasn't competitive though, just Dan had an answer for everything Avi did.

Galbraith v McVitie- Davie won quite comfortably in the end but still a great fight with plenty riding on it. Not all Galbraith's way either, definitely back and forth at points.

Joanne v Lena- this one is up for Performance of the Year too. Got it in Fight because of the size of the show and Joanne going in as an underdog. Again not really competitive, but a memorable fight for other reasons.

I enjoyed Delaney v Fall too, I remember a good few people not feeling the same way about it though.

Pro Fighter
    Allan "No" Love
    Dinky Ninja

Why isn't Paul up for coach if the year?

As James said DNFT is one team, we only competed against each other once as that was at 5 asides.

FYI a Higher Level and D-Unit select dominated the Griphouse side.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Shrek View Post
    Why isn't Paul up for coach if the year?

As James said DNFT is one team, we only competed against each other once as that was at 5 asides.

FYI a Higher Level and D-Unit select dominated the Griphouse side.
    Too many nominations to narrow it down for Coach, so I left an open box and once anyone gets above 25 votes, I put them on the list. Paul got added this morning along with McCrum and Sneddon.

Does a fight of the year need to be competitive ?

Google any boxing of MMA fight of the year from previous years? All competitive back and forth, give and take.

If fighters and coaches pick a fight of e year they will pick competitive one, dustin Poitier v the Korean zombie looks like front runner for UFC fight of the year.

If you let fans pick they might pick the favourite fighter steam rolling some one.

Fight of year on any level is Ryan vs Peter :-)
    This is the most fun i can have without going to jail

Quote Originally Posted by thaison View Post
    Does a fight of the year need to be competitive ?

Google any boxing of MMA fight of the year from previous years? All competitive back and forth, give and take.
    Yeah you're right there. I'd still say Stevenson v Wrosek, Joanne v Lena and Hope v Jack were three of the best fights to watch this year. Not necessarily saying they should win, but if I had to choose fights to watch again, they'd be right up there.

What do folks think? Happy to listen to the masses for next year. Should Fight of the Year be just the most competitive fights i.e. back and forth and both fighters look like winning, or should it include the most memorable bouts too, ones that you won't forget in a hurry?

Quote Originally Posted by TapouT1 View Post
    Fight of year on any level is Ryan vs Peter :-)
    Agreed. Last year I had Pro and C-Class together and folks said they'd rather have them split up so changed it for this year...but I think it probably works better when they're together, keeps every category really strong.

Said to Lovey on Twitter- going to add the three Ninja gyms votes together and count them as one team like you guys want. Second place for Team of the Year is a good race