Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Scottish MMA Awards 2012: Voting

Condits 1 minute of offense out of a 25 minute fight means it was one sided james. Mabye not an ass kicking but certainly one sided.

GSP "peppered Koscheck with jabs, jabs and more jabs for five one-sided (and mostly one-eyed) rounds to score a heavy-handed unanimous decision and retain his welterweight championship with gusto."

Koscheck%u0025252C+Josh+%2528swollen+right+eye+courtesy+of+GSP%2527s+left+jab+at+UFC+124+nonclos.jpg

Just saying

Koscheck v GSP was a one sided thrashing. However, it was the only ever fight of the night which was voted for by the fans, which explains it as GSP is the most popular fighter in the UFC. James is right, for the most part, in fights of the night, both guy has at least one big moment. They also tend to be fought mostly on the feet I have found.

As regards the pitiful attempts to evoke a reaction, poor, even by your standards Bateman. If Stef thinks my fight was crap then that's his personal opinion which he is absolutely entitled to.

More people might react if your C-Class awards were not just the Art of Combat awards.

I just hope Shaun Taylor wins everything he was nominated for.
    Last edited by Jimbo Slice GCG; 20-12-2012 at 08:50 AM.
    Maybe the worst 2-0 MMA fighter in history. @jimbojitsusbg granitecitygrappling.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice GCG View Post
    As regards the pitiful attempts to evoke a reaction, poor, even by your standards Bateman. If Stef thinks my fight was crap then that's his personal opinion which he is absolutely entitled to.

More people might react if your C-Class awards were not just the Art of Combat awards.

I just hope Shaun Taylor wins everything he was nominated for.
    I really hope you are trolling me and I'm falling for this a belter.

Just in case it wasnít clear...the post where I dragged up most of the interwebz fisticuffs Iíve caused/been involved in, a bunch of other forum arguments involving prominent Scottish MMA folks, and alleged that arguably the best jiu-jitsu practitioner in the country bought his blackbelt...was a wee joke to get some attention to this thread.

Lighten up, itís Christmas.
    Check out Your MMA on Facebook www.facebook.com/YourMMA

Quote Originally Posted by CamC View Post
    Condits 1 minute of offense out of a 25 minute fight means it was one sided james. Mabye not an ass kicking but certainly one sided.

GSP "peppered Koscheck with jabs, jabs and more jabs for five one-sided (and mostly one-eyed) rounds to score a heavy-handed unanimous decision and retain his welterweight championship with gusto."

Koscheck%u0025252C+Josh+%2528swollen+right+eye+courtesy+of+GSP%2527s+left+jab+at+UFC+124+nonclos.jpg

Just saying

Gsp post fight interview he states the condit fight was his toughest fight to date, suggests it wasn't an one sided ass kicking in his mind .

Gsp v koscheck if it was voted fight of the night by the fans it's easy to see why regardless of what happened. Gsp is everything good about the UFC where as koscheck plays the heel, fans probably loved the bad guy getting his face jabbed off.

My perspective of fights is maybe different from fights as I also fight, I like being in and watching competitive fights. Most fighters will agree with me, again look at boxing foty picked by people in the industry all competitive.

David, I was just pulling your leg. If I really got upset every time people called me boring I would be on suicide watch!

Hope you have a good christmas and new year. That goes to everybody!

HO HO HO
    Maybe the worst 2-0 MMA fighter in history. @jimbojitsusbg granitecitygrappling.com

Arguably??? Fuck you Bateman you spastic.

Best fight I've seen recently was that mad Ruskie doing all the suplexes, one sided as fuck but watched it about 20 times. (Probably should be best performance really, but still an awesome fight)
    Rob McCrum, Pro BW. www.bjjscotland.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by staffie View Post
    Arguably??? Fuck you Bateman you spastic.

Best fight I've seen recently was that mad Ruskie doing all the suplexes, one sided as fuck but watched it about 20 times. (Probably should be best performance really, but still an awesome fight)
    I thought Rick Young would be right up there too?

I'm taking spastic as a compliment after Taylor's patter on Facebook.
    Check out Your MMA on Facebook www.facebook.com/YourMMA

Quote Originally Posted by thaison View Post
    I can't remember any "one sided ass kicking " ever being fight of the night in the UFC

Away to try find one
    Griffin vs silva was fight of the nite, doesn't get more of an embarrassing, ass kicking than that lol
    This is the most fun i can have without going to jail

FOTN is all just a matter of opinion. Don't see the point in folk arguing over the scientific elements of what makes it FOTN or not.

Did you enjoy it more than any fight on the card? Then it's your FOTN, innit.
    Twitter @steflachMMA. Herald Sport www.heraldscotland.com/sport

Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    FOTN is all just a matter of opinion. Don't see the point in folk arguing over the scientific elements of what makes it FOTN or not.

Did you enjoy it more than any fight on the card? Then it's your FOTN, innit.
    Cos stef it's good banter to argue over things not worth arguing over
    This is the most fun i can have without going to jail