Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how did paddy pimblett get on, on debut ?

looks like he could go far. hes still young so his team will make sure they dont throw him in the deap end. hes still undefeated if im right?
    looks pretty well rounded to me. i think a lot of people want to see him fall because he was a lot of confidence and puts posts up saying hes the best lol. but he is young and looks like he takes his career seriously.

someone mentioned him fighting in scotland, am sure vision or ontop would have him on a show.
    James MacAlister BW pro 7-2-0 DNFT#1

If they're in the same weight category I'd like to see Mike Berry or George Williams against Paddy.

Both very capable (albeit still amateur) fighters.

I don't think either are far from making their pro debuts?
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

once he gets to 4-0 or 5-0 he will struggle to get matched unless he starts taking on well names fighters etc.
    James MacAlister BW pro 7-2-0 DNFT#1

Would love to see him against Conner Hignett as they are both the same age, records, weight and from Liverpool I think.
    Mike "the mic" Persil

Conor is like 2-0 Amateur?... Paddy was 6-0 as an amateur or something and is 2-0 as a Pro... How is that the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Conor is like 2-0 Amateur?... Paddy was 6-0 as an amateur or something and is 2-0 as a Pro... How is that the same?
    too many head shots, that's what it does to you at 53 years old
    Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer

Watched a few videos of this lads ammy fights and he is a big talent, does he fight at flyweight just now?

Quote Originally Posted by THE EQUALIZER View Post
    too many head shots, that's what it does to you at 53 years old
    Conner is better than 2-0 and was 18 last week so has just turned pro. I am 55 next week !
    Mike "the mic" Persil

Connor has a top level point striking background am lead to believe- but Paddy has been training in next gen for years and most of his opponents have been a different class to Connors. However,he showed tons of heart against the last fella who obviously had a good boxing pedigree. I think putting Connor against Paddy is much too soon for now, and obviously both their coaches have big plans for developing them.