Thread: Was Rosi ever ranked world #1

Hybrid View

Default Was Rosi ever ranked world #1

I believe at one time she was ranked #1 in the world at 125lbs?? Anyone know different? If true is she the only uk fighter ever to achieve world number 1 ranking?

The trend of women cage fighters is on the rise though with one of the world’s foremost female fighters becoming the recent subject of a BBC documentary. She is 32-year old mother of one, and the current women’s World number one in the bantamweight division, Rosi Sexton. What is so odd about Rosi is the fact that she throws every female fighter stereotype out the window. She is a Cambridge graduate with a First-class maths degree, a PhD and has a four-year-old son, apart from being a top ranked MMA fighter. This is why she is so strange, no one would consider a Cambridge graduate to be a cage fighter, because people think they are too smart to beat up other people. The reason she takes part in this sport is because she finds it the most technical sport in the world and a great insight into human technology. She seems to be studying the sport while taking part in it.
    http://blogs.bettor.com/Womens-Cage-...raduate-a17766

Very well deserved
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President

Rosi Sexton
    Pro Fighter
    Female MMA Mod

I believe I was #1 from when the rankings were introduced until 2010.

The unified women's rankings (that most people go by) currently have me at #2, right behind Sheila Gaff.
    Looking for injury, rehab or nutrition advice? visit combatsportsclinic.com

Fighting out of Next Generation

Quote Originally Posted by Rosi View Post
    ........currently have me at #2, right behind Sheila Gaff.
    Someone should put that bout on, I'm sure it'd be easy to arrange with no dramas and bumps in the road
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

Rosi Sexton
    Pro Fighter
    Female MMA Mod

Ha ha, what could possibly go wrong...?
    Looking for injury, rehab or nutrition advice? visit combatsportsclinic.com

Fighting out of Next Generation