Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fighters' Fighter of the Year

Hybrid View

Default Fighters' Fighter of the Year

Was speaking to James Doolan and he suggested a Writers' Fighter of the Year, love the idea but since there's so few of us, thought it would be a lot better to do a Fighters' Fighter of the Year award. Think it's a pretty cool idea, and it should mean a lot more to guys than the popular vote because it's by peers and less of a popularity contest. Be interesting to see how it compares to the regular vote too.

Here’s how it's going to work- if you've fought at pro/C-Class/semi-pro MMA at any stage and want to vote, message me with your top three nominations for the year, in order.

I'm not going to throw out any candidates because I think this one should be entirely open, and it doesn't necessarily have to be for the fighter who has had the best year. It could be someone who's had loads of exciting fights or fought top competition but lost a few. Basically whoever has impressed the most in 2012 from your (a fighters) point of view.

Unlike the football, people can vote for team-mates...just don't take the piss with it and vote for someone who's 0-3 this year (not a dig at anyone, just saying). I'll try it this way and see how it goes, if it turns out everyone's just voting for team-mates, will change it.

Message me here or on Facebook if you want to vote.
    Check out Your MMA on Facebook www.facebook.com/YourMMA

Pro Fighter
    Allan "No" Love
    Dinky Ninja

Jojo, Rab Whiteford, Graham Turner. Can't see anyone else really challenging them.

I'd go with Jojo for breaking the world top 10 in her first year in the sport.

Not a PM but take it on anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Shrek View Post
    Jojo, Rab Whiteford, Graham Turner. Can't see anyone else really challenging them.

I'd go with Jojo for breaking the world top 10 in her first year in the sport.

Not a PM but take it on anyway
    Cheers for the vote. Posting here is ideal if people want to do that instead, not fussy

Just for pro mate?
    This is the most fun i can have without going to jail

Quote Originally Posted by TapouT1 View Post
    Just for pro mate?
    Can do C-Class aswell if there's enough people interested in voting for that

joanne. whiteford and turner. cant decide whos done better. joe has stepped into top 10 in the world. thats insane. whiteford is knocking on Dana's door... lol. and turner has been on a mauling spree. adam stevenson fight was a war. all others he was wiped the matt with them. 3 amazing fighters!
    James MacAlister BW pro 7-2-0 DNFT#1

i need to put on a pair of gloves and get battered in 10 seconds, if i was allowed to vote, it would be hard between Calderwood and Turner, Calderwood undefeated in her first year, fought in India and America, broke into top 10 in the world and captured a thai world title. Whilst Turner captured 2 titles and won on Cage Warriors against a highly tipped opponent

Think hunter would be in for a shout on c class did he not go undefeated this year? And get a title to?

Fighter of year for pro is whiteford or joanne, think they will race each other to UFC
    This is the most fun i can have without going to jail

Pro whiteford

C class lukasz psycho sarafiniak
    DANNY HENRY PRO LIGHTWEIGHT 2-0