Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Fighters' Fighter of the Year

  1. #11

    Default

    Rab Whiteford/Jo Calderwood/steven ray for pro
    Calum Murrie/Aidan Stephen/Calum Hunter for C class
    Murrie not had a massive year for MMA going 1-0 by sub, but 2-0 at Thai by 1st round back kick KO and winning the TKD World Cup so still a great year as a fighter!!

  2. #12

    Default

    Joanne's 4-0 including fights on two major international shows. 3 Tko and 1 points

    SFL had a crowd of 10'000 and was shown on Indian national tv, streamed live and featured 6 UFC/pride vets on the card Invictas live stream had over four hundred thousand viewers. Beating an 8-1 next big thing and at the time world ranked number 8 115pounds female

    Signed a multiple fight deal with an international show and rejected a few other shows offers.

    Just win rookie of the year for pro female fighters on fight matrix website and is in the runningnf to female fighter of the year, performance of the year and KO of the year on several other American websites

    In between that she also win the ISKA world thai title and medalled at the british nogi championships for something to keep her busy.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    James Lake - Event Co-ordinator / Business Development
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thaison View Post
    Joanne's 4-0 including fights on two major international shows. 3 Tko and 1 points

    SFL had a crowd of 10'000 and was shown on Indian national tv, streamed live and featured 6 UFC/pride vets on the card Invictas live stream had over four hundred thousand viewers. Beating an 8-1 next big thing and at the time world ranked number 8 115pounds female

    Signed a multiple fight deal with an international show and rejected a few other shows offers.

    Just win rookie of the year for pro female fighters on fight matrix website and is in the runningnf to female fighter of the year, performance of the year and KO of the year on several other American websites

    In between that she also win the ISKA world thai title and medalled at the british nogi championships for something to keep her busy.
    I voted Performance of the Year for Jo v Ashley Cummings for the domination, finish and level of opponent concerned. There are other impressive performances, no doubt, but by beating a world top 10 ranked fighter edges it for me.

    I meant to say on the Scottish Awards as opposed to the Fighters' Fighters Award
    Last edited by ON TOP PROMOTIONS-MMA; 19-12-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    www.ontoppromotions.co.uk - MMA Promotion/Fighter Management

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thaison View Post
    Joanne's 4-0 including fights on two major international shows. 3 Tko and 1 points

    SFL had a crowd of 10'000 and was shown on Indian national tv, streamed live and featured 6 UFC/pride vets on the card Invictas live stream had over four hundred thousand viewers. Beating an 8-1 next big thing and at the time world ranked number 8 115pounds female

    Signed a multiple fight deal with an international show and rejected a few other shows offers.

    Just win rookie of the year for pro female fighters on fight matrix website and is in the runningnf to female fighter of the year, performance of the year and KO of the year on several other American websites

    In between that she also win the ISKA world thai title and medalled at the british nogi championships for something to keep her busy.
    You can't really argue with that. Her fight against the mental wench who kept trying to bite her was class. One of the best fights this year for me.
    DANNY HENRY PRO LIGHTWEIGHT 2-0

  5. #15

    Default

    I had a long talk with that little mad bastard Oliver Pastor (who's probably my favourite European unsigned fighter to watch)
    Anyway we got talking about Scottish fighters. He told me that James Doolan was his favourite fighter in Europe because he is ranked so high but is always willing to put it on the line and take fights with dangerous opponents ranked bellow him. Not many guys will do that. To me that's a fighters fighter.

    He also said he'd like to fight him, but then he told me he'd like to fight Turner, JC, Aranda (again), Mcveigh and a few others, but to be fair I think he pretty much wants to fight everyone!

    Anyway I vote for Doolan as fighters fighter. Bit long winded.
    Rob McCrum, Pro BW. www.bjjscotland.co.uk

  6. #16

  7. #17

    Default

    C Class the three for me would be Willie McCurdy, Peter McCafferty and Calum Hunter - just because those three all introduced themselves to me and chatted away with me and tried to help me get rid of my pre fight nerves the two times I fought.
    Maybe the worst 2-0 MMA fighter in history. @jimbojitsusbg granitecitygrappling.com

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice GCG View Post
    C Class the three for me would be Willie McCurdy, Peter McCafferty and Calum Hunter - just because those three all introduced themselves to me and chatted away with me and tried to help me get rid of my pre fight nerves the two times I fought.
    So that makes them good fighters cos they "introduced themselves to you" ? Your a deluded little arsehole and full of self importance

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fullthrottle View Post
    So that makes them good fighters cos they "introduced themselves to you" ? Your a deluded little arsehole and full of self importance
    This added the the fact that he had the bottle to make a comment about mops triangle defence earlier this week on twitter only adds to the fact that he's setting himself up for the biggest fall Scottish mma has ever seen. James when ur lying spark out on the mat looking at the lights I and everybody else in fife and the rest of Scotland will be standing cheering on ur opponent. And in a year or so when u grow up a little u will realise just how much of a tool u look to everybody.

    Just to add stop trying to be like Shaun, he pulls it off but u just look like a complete fucking dickhead.
    sick of the bullshit !

  10. #20

    Default

    Joanne Calderwood would get my vote for Internationally representing Scotland at World level this year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.