Thread: MMA Fight Club; Set Up Or Too Much Too Soon?

Default MMA Fight Club; Set Up Or Too Much Too Soon?

Lots of speculation surrounding what happened with the failed MMC Fight Club show in London at the weekend. I've been speaking to guys from the MMA, fighters, managers, and collating a lot of info over the past few days. Here's what we have so far....

http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.a...h-too-soon.htm

Apparently a legal case is on the way, we'll see what happens there.

One good thing that comes out of it at least, it seems the fighters etc got paid. Shame the whole thing fell apart though, seems to be some confusion as to why, good read that though, sheds some light on it all at least.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    One good thing that comes out of it at least, it seems the fighters etc got paid. Shame the whole thing fell apart though, seems to be some confusion as to why, good read that though, sheds some light on it all at least.
    Yeah, fighters and staff paid so I'm told. Hoping to get more info and some clarity, but MMC aren't forthcoming with what they've got so far because of this legal case they say they're getting on with.

Understandable I guess. Just fair play regardless of anything else that comes out, that they paid everyone anyway, too many promoters would have done one into the blue yonder without dropping a dime for anyone.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

A bit more to it than the press release then. Fair play to Eddie Kone, hes always seemed a very nice and genuine guy when i have met him. I hope it all gets sorted
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President

eddie is a real genuine guy, cool as they come and great for the sport, shame about the show and annoying that a show with real fighters didnt work out when there are all the shite 'cagefightin' fly by nighters happening everywhere
    failing to prepare is preparing to fail