Thread: Needing advice on diet for debut bout

Hybrid View

Default Needing advice on diet for debut bout

Hi guys,
    My debut mma amatuer c bout is the end of feb at 94kg.at the minute I'm walking at 92kg and 6ft 2 tall,with an athletic frame but could really do with packing on abit of muscle and losing a bit of fat.im training 4 times a week 3 days of technique mixed with fitness and will be doing 1 day of intense conditioning a week.does anyone have any tips on diet,to gain the extra 2kgs and lose the tad but of fat I have.i do eat relatively healthy but do have the odd takeaway which will obviously have to go.any help will be we'll appreciated

Thanks

The Naughty Goose!!

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtygoose View Post
    .i do eat relatively healthy but do have the odd takeaway which will obviously have to go.any help will be we'll appreciated
    Don't eat less if you're trying to gain weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtygoose View Post
    Hi guys,
    My debut mma amatuer c bout is the end of feb at 94kg.at the minute I'm walking at 92kg and 6ft 2 tall,with an athletic frame but could really do with packing on abit of muscle and losing a bit of fat.im training 4 times a week 3 days of technique mixed with fitness and will be doing 1 day of intense conditioning a week.does anyone have any tips on diet,to gain the extra 2kgs and lose the tad but of fat I have.i do eat relatively healthy but do have the odd takeaway which will obviously have to go.any help will be we'll appreciated

Thanks

The Naughty Goose!!
    Hi there Naughty Goose,

The obvious answer here would be to up your protein intake to 1-1.5g of protein per 1lb of bodyweight. That's an optimum range to start muscle building and also from a personal perspective I would look at the inclusion of eating some raw salads. For stripping the fat, there really is no better way than sprint interval training.

Cheers.will get on it.