Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shogun vs. Hendo retrospective- How did you score it?

Default Shogun vs. Hendo retrospective- How did you score it?

http://vk.com/video668749_162122893?...76d5c36cae63b2

I watch this fight every couple of weeks but I've been watching it once a week for the last two months. It always amazes me how it turns around so completely. It's probably one of my favorite fights of all time but every time I chat to different people about it I always get quite a bit of variation on how they scored it.

I had it a draw.

Henderson winning the first three rounds all 10-9 and Shogun winning the fourth round 10-9 and the last round 10-8 for a 47-47 card.

How did you good people see it and why?

Here's the fight metric incidentally - http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/11/...icial-ufc.html
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

I scored it 48-47 Henderson on the night and thought he deserved the nod, I watched it back just once and that time I scored it a draw. I don't think Shogun ever won the fight but he would get a draw probably 6-7 times out of 10.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

I think a 10-8 round is a good call. dominated the final round very convincingly. draw is correct.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

I had it as a draw, and overall that would have been a fair result as there were no losers in that fight

I'd still go with 48:47 to Hendo;

Hendo 10:9, 10:9, 10:9, 10:10, 8:10 Shogun

4th round is pivotal, a 9:10 to Shogun would produce the 47:47 draw, but Shogun wasn't dominant over the full round; Hendo arguably had more effective striking, grappling & control of where the fight took place for at least half of the round. Although I might change my mind if I watch it again though... No hardship in watching a fantastic fight again!
    I'm a lover, not a fighter... But I love fighting. MMAOfficials.co.uk

47-47.

Hendo/Hendo/Hendo/Rua/Rua 10-8
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

I scored it a draw, no one deserved to lose that fight.

Draw, 10-9 Hendo (1,2 & 3), Rua 10-9 (4) and Rua 10-8 (5). Hendo offered absolutely nothing in the last round.
    Co-Owner of www.AddictedMMA.com and massive MMA Addict!

away from the judging, that fight is the best example yet why big time fights need to be 5 rounds. If it was just 3 rounds, it would have been a one sided decision for Henderson. What made that fight great was rounds 4 and 5.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Quote Originally Posted by RKing85 View Post
    away from the judging, that fight is the best example yet why big time fights need to be 5 rounds. If it was just 3 rounds, it would have been a one sided decision for Henderson. What made that fight great was rounds 4 and 5.
    I think it was the second five round non title fight in UFC history.
    I remember Munoz vs. Leben being the first one. There was no danger of that being a five round decision.
    After Hendo vs. Shogun finished one of my friends who I was watching it with looked at me and said, "How many of these fights have we missed?!"

It's true when you think about it.

The first Tito vs. Forrest would have been a great five rounder.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/