Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Danny Missin Vs Coner Hignett set for UCFC:5

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coventrywarrior View Post
    What was the name of the pro boxer? Who did he box for?
    his name was danny greenslade i think. in the changing rooms id heard someone say hed had over 60 fights. must be half decent
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

60 fight is impressive but why cant he b found on boxrec

http://boxrec.com/search.php?status=...it=Go&pageID=8
    They call me Tel. But its Mr. Tel to you!

I know a George Greenslade (63.5kg) who boxes in the Queensbury semi pro league but no pros. He certainly hasnt actually competed at pro if he is even licensed or he would be on Box Rec.
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President

Quote Originally Posted by Telling it as it is View Post
    60 fight is impressive but why cant he b found on boxrec

http://boxrec.com/search.php?status=...it=Go&pageID=8
    hes not on boxrec? must jave mis heard then. but pretty sure he said hrd had 60+ fights and people on facebook said he was a pro.

Team Colosseum

Fucking hell!! What is it that u people have to constantly slag fighters off!! Give the kid a break, he has fought some decent fighters, he's beat guys twice his age, bigger than him, knocked people out, submitted guys!! He's stopped every one of his fights bar 1 which he won on decision!! This kid is gonna do well at pro and hes gonna beat Danny!! Gud luck Connor lad

Are you sure he has 'stopped everyone of his fights bar 1 which he won on decision'...

I dont think anyone is being negative about its more that there is no rush for him to go Pro, he is obviously a talent but maybe not yet ready.

Constructive advice isnt slagging
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President

he's beat guys twice his age

What does this have to do with anything? Surely time on the mats counts for more?

bigger than him

Are you sure? shouldnt every fighter be weighing in at the agreed limit before hand?

He's stopped every one of his fights bar 1 which he won on decision!!

Are you sure? I have a vague memory of him fighting Scott gregory at AFC?

I dont think anyone has slagged him off, as stated, he is obviously a talented kid. But for me, there is now rush for him to go pro. Despite the number of fights he's had at present.

But Sean and his team have been around and if they think he's ready then fair play to them. Obviously he see's him day in day out in training and believes in him.

The Pro game is a tough world to be finding out though.

Team Colosseum

Quote Originally Posted by widge milward View Post
    he's beat guys twice his age

What does this have to do with anything? Surely time on the mats counts for more?

bigger than him

Are you sure? shouldnt every fighter be weighing in at the agreed limit before hand?

He's stopped every one of his fights bar 1 which he won on decision!!

Are you sure? I have a vague memory of him fighting Scott gregory at AFC?

I dont think anyone has slagged him off, as stated, he is obviously a talented kid. But for me, there is now rush for him to go pro. Despite the number of fights he's had at present.

But Sean and his team have been around and if they think he's ready then fair play to them. Obviously he see's him day in day out in training and believes in him.

The Pro game is a tough world to be finding out though.
    This...

Conner looks a good prospect, but why the rush to go pro?! Why not take on the best at flyweight @ amateur before turning pro? He's had a load of fights but what were the records of the guys he's fought? Mike berry would be a good test for him

Quote Originally Posted by Mmafan84 View Post
    Fucking hell!! What is it that u people have to constantly slag fighters off!! Give the kid a break, he has fought some decent fighters, he's beat guys twice his age, bigger than him, knocked people out, submitted guys!! He's stopped every one of his fights bar 1 which he won on decision!! This kid is gonna do well at pro and hes gonna beat Danny!! Gud luck Connor lad
    I'll have you a tenner?