Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: qeustion about uFC

Default qeustion about uFC

Were they the f1rst company for cagefitin?
    I no there was a family in brasil who had famour brothers and that for bjj and i think they made the populer didn't they?

mite seem a stupid qeustion guys im sorry but still lerning bowt the histry and stuff its really intresting. hav you guys heard of pride?

Pedro Bessa BJJ Bristol. Sweatbox MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God likes head kick knock outs.

why does people post troll pictures? i had them in other post i done.

wtf? Is this a joke?
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

Dude if you are cage fiter - how do you not know this?

Pride - thats a gay festival, google it.

(lets not tell him about the real Pride, he doesnt deserve it)
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

am just sayn that i want 2bea cagefiter not had any fights yet but planin on it and boxin takin pro-teen etc.;.
    jus tryn to get an understandin of the histry and stuff why is that a problem for ppl all am tryn to do is take intrest and tryna edukate myself on it no nee to mock me am shure at one point you new nothin and had to hav ppl tell you all of it i new you guys is mostly a closed comunitty and that but jus tryn to get involved and i hand ovr my hard urned money to wach tuf and other sthows on sky/cable ect..

If you send me some of your hard earned money, I will tell you all about the secret underground cage fitin society that us old schoolers watch...Its the real deal, they punch and kick and all sorts!

Combining the different aspects of combat (striking grappling etc)is nothing new, here is a brief history of MMA and its antecedents:

Pre Olympic world, combat arts are fragmented into armed and unarmed combat, with armed combat being far more refined and important.

early Olympic time period (still B.C.) unarmed combats sports such as wrestling, and an early form of boxing are highlighted and respected, and then with the inclusion of Pankration ( a mixture of the two) in the 3rd Olympic games the first Mixed martial art is born.

in the 1800's after much time of segregation, and refinement behind closed doors of arts that place focus on developing skills in a specific skill set, the arts finally start to mingle together again significantly, perhaps because the skill sets such as they are are competing for the same audiences as they are being introduced to new countries, largely by Asian coaches travelling and teaching across Europe, to the UK or to Australia and America.

In the late 1800's much spectator interest is placed in NHB and mixed styles or mixed rules contests and at the very end of the century (1899) Bartitsu is founded.

In the early 1900's Merikan contests were becoming popular in the pacific rim, Asian slang for "American fighting" Merikan contests pitted a boxer against a Jiu Jitsu exponent. meanwhile in south America after the spread of Kosen Judo had become popular and the gracies had put a greater emphasis on the ground game, Vale Tudo matches and the gracie challenge were becoming regular staples of Brazilian Culture.

the 1960's was dominated by Bruce Lee, who was himself an avid cross training martial artist, which left an undeniable impact on the martial arts scene.

1963 Gene LeBell Vs Milo Savage: famous Judoka and wrestler Gene LeBell proves the value of grappling by choking out Boxer Milo Savage in their mixed rules match.

1976 Muhammad Ali vs Antonio Inoki: another famous mixed styles bout which ended in a drawn out stale mate as neither fighter chose to engage his opponent in his area of expertise.

1989 First professional Shooto Event.

1993 Pancrase and the UFC form.

2000 Unified rules are Developed

2001 Zuffa purchases UFC

2005 T.V. reality show "the ultimate fighter" debuts

2011 WEC merges with UFC and Zuffa purchases strikeforce, solidifying the UFC's dominance on the MMA landscape.

This is of course a very sparse history of MMA but is certainly enough to get you started in your wish to "edukate" yourself, as you look into each of these i am quite sure that they will lead you to pages on the internet detailing much of the stuff i have left out.

Blackdog..tell me a story, I miss your stories, go on, belated christmas present for the forum or something!!!