Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Joe Rogan and Ariel Helwani not get along?

Default Does Joe Rogan and Ariel Helwani not get along?

Just have to say thats the worst commentry I've heard on the UFC, I think both guys are good, Ariel is great when with Kenny and you know you cant beat the duo of Joe and Mike. But Joe and Ariel seemed like they was 2 guys doing a one person job. Not the usual good banter you hear between the two.
    wicked fights though!

Clash of commentary style in my opinion, too similar in styles!!!

Thats a fair point, lets hope mike is back soon then.

It was Jon Anik not Helwani covering for Goldie.
    Pedro Bessa BJJ Bristol. Sweatbox MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God likes head kick knock outs.

James Lake - Event Co-ordinator / Business Development

Yeah, Jon Anik was sitting in. Personally I think he is pretty good but it's not the same chemistry as Goldberg/Rogan. Anik is more of a "stat man" which works with Rogan's practical knowledge but does lack the "banter" aspect
    www.ontoppromotions.co.uk - MMA Promotion/Fighter Management

Yeah Anik is usually with Kenny Florian. Probably should of put Kenny with Joe. I thought it was Ok other than when Rogan came out with Valasquez is actually slowing down in these latter rounds and then Anik responded with something along the lines of the endless energy of Cain Valasquez ....lol

Ariel Helwani is the most annoying person in MMA I really don't understand how that bloke gets on he makes me cringe he's just awkward full stop. Him commentating would make me switch the sound off!
    http://www.leicestermma.co.uk/ - Leicester Shoot

''I would rather have earned an honorable defeat as a man trying to earn a victory, than forever deny myself any chance of victory as a coward who fears defeat'' - Blackdogmma

sorry, my bad on getting the names wrong, glad you got the gyst of what i was trying to get across.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammo27 View Post
    Yeah Anik is usually with Kenny Florian. Probably should of put Kenny with Joe. I thought it was Ok other than when Rogan came out with Valasquez is actually slowing down in these latter rounds and then Anik responded with something along the lines of the endless energy of Cain Valasquez ....lol

Ariel Helwani is the most annoying person in MMA I really don't understand how that bloke gets on he makes me cringe he's just awkward full stop. Him commentating would make me switch the sound off!
    Rogan/Kenny are too similar in that they will talk about all of the technical aspects etc. whereas guys like Goldber/Anik fill in the gaps with general talk/stats.

I actually prefer Florian and Anik, I think Goldberg is terrible and Rogan gets behind one guy and calls the fight completely one sidedly for the rest of the fight.

I don't think Rogan liked Anik because he's smart and does his homework and Rogan relies on correcting Goldie to make up for dead air.

Quote Originally Posted by the mid 90's View Post
    I actually prefer Florian and Anik, I think Goldberg is terrible and Rogan gets behind one guy and calls the fight completely one sidedly for the rest of the fight.

I don't think Rogan liked Anik because he's smart and does his homework and Rogan relies on correcting Goldie to make up for dead air.
    QFT!!! Don't get me wrong i think Rogan is great but sometimes his bias is sickening.

Take last night for instance, Cain was incredible but there was no need for the bias Rogan was showing him. All throughout the build up and all through the fight Rogan just bum licked him to death. When he jumped in the cage after the fights i was half expecting him to get on his knees and start sucking him off the way he went on.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency