Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Become a Muaythai Tutor Course on 23 February at Wisbech Boxing Club

Default Become a Muaythai Tutor Course on 23 February at Wisbech Boxing Club

Thank you !
    Last edited by The Ring Sport Tuition Pr; 22-01-2013 at 07:07 AM.

If after a 5 hour course you are qualified to teach someone to compete at an Olympic level, I would suggest that either I know less about Muay Thai than I thought because it must be piss easy, or...quite simply this is yet another scam.

I may go watch 10 hours of Muay Thai instructionals on Youtube then I could teach world champions instead of just Olympic level...
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

You mistaken with getting information.

1- Muaythai going through recognition to be inclided in International Olympic Games - the fact!

2- The course it is introduction to Muaythai with different programmes as Funthaimove.

3- The courses do not make you Olympic coach.

4- If speak about Olympic and if you want to reach Olympic level, you have to start somehow.

Thank you.

So explain what this means?

"A 1 day course, afterwards you will get certificate as Muaythai Tutor recognised by UKMTF"

One session and you state they are capable of teaching? Sorry, thats utter horseshit. Feel free to explain yourself further.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    So explain what this means?

"A 1 day course, afterwards you will get certificate as Muaythai Tutor recognised by UKMTF"

One session and you state they are capable of teaching? Sorry, thats utter horseshit. Feel free to explain yourself further.
    Just on a side not the ABAE do a similar 1 day course that takes people from being a complete and utter no-one to being a boxing tutor, recognised by the ABAE and allowing them to teach boxing skills to children on a 1 day course.

I know this as I have done it myself whilst is was training for my own fights. I know it's hard to believe that these courses exits but they do and if it bring someone into the sport then so be it.

Are these courses coming to the Northwest?
    Danny 'The Snake' George
    "When someone tries to force themselves upon you, then have to impose yourself upon them and doing so, you whooping they ass." - Rampage Jackson

Jesus, I would be horrified to think someone allowed to teach children or even adults in any sport could do so after a single days training... I was not aware of the ABAE doing it, thats scary shit

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Jesus, I would be horrified to think someone allowed to teach children or even adults in any sport could do so after a single days training... I was not aware of the ABAE doing it, thats scary shit
    I think these courses ideally should be aimed at someone who maybe trains in that discipline and wants to take their training further i.e. with teaching and learning more.

RE the boxing tutor one here are the links which gives you some more info on what the course is about and who for.

http://www.abae.co.uk/aba/index.cfm/...-tutor-course/

http://www.boxingawards.co.uk
    Danny 'The Snake' George
    "When someone tries to force themselves upon you, then have to impose yourself upon them and doing so, you whooping they ass." - Rampage Jackson

Cheers for the info squire, will have a gander. Agreed if someone has a background in the sport over many years, fair enuogh I suppose, but to offer a certificate to any dick who wants to rock up and throw a kick and punch then decide thats enough to teach....that shit should be banned from being offered.

I totally agree! When I did it there were 8 people on the course. The majority where personal trainers who wanted to incorporate boxing with their clients and who wanted a certificate to provide legitimacy. There were also a few P.E teachers and myself as someone who trained in Muay Thai and Boxing and wanted to develop further.

As for teaching children you still have to have the usual full CRB check done by the ABAE and use their specific syllabus for teaching with and know the limits of your own knowledge. No sparring can be overseen by just a Boxing Tutor, however a Boxing Tutor can assist with sparring if an ABAE qualified coach is present in an ABAE assessed gym/facility so it is a little stricter than you may think.

Dan
    Danny 'The Snake' George

Maybe I should have made it clearer who this course is aimed at and what it is about. There are quite a few Muaythai fighters who, as they are getting older, are turning their attention to teaching, assisting in a gym, help instructor with managing group etc., but do not have any qualifications to show that they are skilled. This course is intended for those that are already proficient, familiar in the sport.

The qualifications and syllabus have been approved by UKMF and IFMA (International Federation Muaythai Amateur) and show that the person is approved to teach the specific subjects.
    These are a non-contact Muaythai intended to be taught to children to introduce them to the sport through fun and games, simply methods.

The courses are taught by a former amateur world cup winner in Muaythai

Anyone registering for a course has to provide details of their experience and whether or not they already hold an Enhanced CRB check ( now called DBS ) allowing them to work with children.

Any dick, as you put it, wouldn't be accepted on the course, they have to show that they know what they are doing before being shown how to pass that knowledge onto others.

Thank you.