Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joseph Duffy

Longevity and better earning potential
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

Cheers Falcon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gimp View Post
    He has been training with Degale and according to his trainer John Tandy he is the next big thing. Very talented guy - I remember the beating he gave Francis Heagany at one of his CW fights.
    He was suppose to be the next big thing in MMA to, until he lost.

http://www.popscreen.com/v/6dicR/Cag...Conor-McGregor

Conor Mcgregor vs Joe Duffy. Didn't take digging, just typed it in Google.

Mcgregor put it on him on the feet.

Quote Originally Posted by hysteresis View Post
    I would be fascinated to know what would make such a great MMA prospect quit the sport for boxing.
    Money? maybe

His decision come with a lots of surprise.
    He had a great career in MMA.
    Mixed Martial Arts

He'll earn more money in Boxing so theres no real surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    He'll earn more money in Boxing so theres no real surprise.
    Its a real shame id love to see pro mma guys get better pay but i guess theres that many doing it they are not in as demand as boxing.

He was suppose to be the next big thing in MMA to, until he lost.
    Losing to Ivan Musardo, terrible thing to do that :/

What other promotion in the UK would bring in a top European to fight one of their main guys?

Also when and why did you become so bitter? End of the day Cage Warriors lost one of the best guys on their roster to Boxing, but end of the day this is what Joe wants to do and we wish him the best.

http://www.popscreen.com/v/6dicR/Cag...Conor-McGregor

Conor Mcgregor vs Joe Duffy. Didn't take digging, just typed it in Google.

Mcgregor put it on him on the feet.
    That fight was over 2 years ago both Conor and Joe are different fighters now. And from memory the fight lasted about 40 seconds and showed just how dangerous but guys were at their respective strengths. But since then McGregor has looked MUCH better on the ground and I know Joe has spent the last year working hard training with John Tandy and a variety of boxers too

Breaking down your comments I've responded below.

Quote Originally Posted by iandean View Post
    Losing to Ivan Musardo, terrible thing to do that :/

What other promotion in the UK would bring in a top European to fight one of their main guys?

Also when and why did you become so bitter? End of the day Cage Warriors lost one of the best guys on their roster to Boxing, but end of the day this is what Joe wants to do and we wish him the best.
    I haven't become bitter, I was merely stating albeit I didn't elaborate on my one sentence comment that people regarded him as the next big thing, after he lost people said maybe he isn't, cross reference this against the comment above, you can't call him the next big thing until he fights take for example Degale himself.

Quote Originally Posted by iandean View Post
    That fight was over 2 years ago both Conor and Joe are different fighters now. And from memory the fight lasted about 40 seconds and showed just how dangerous but guys were at their respective strengths. But since then McGregor has looked MUCH better on the ground and I know Joe has spent the last year working hard training with John Tandy and a variety of boxers too
    I wasn't passing any comment whatsoever about the fight, someone above said they wanted to see the fight and I provided it, the only thing I said was McGregor handled him standing, if you like, I'll add that Joe destroyed him on the ground.