Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 75

Thread: Tyson Fury calling out Cain....

  1. #51
    Senior Member Evzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    I think he would do ok at HW, he is more in the vein of Dos Santos or Cain in so much as he is fast and smaller, than some of the old monsters, at LHW to be fair he probably would be fair tasty as well, HW though is less talent filled than LHW so he might have a slightly easier time there - him v Reem would be interesting - granted Reems kicks would be an issue, but as a stand and bang fight, after seeing what Werdum did to Reem with a jab, Haye could be interesting as an opponent (getting a bit ahead of myself here to be fair haha).
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

  2. #52
    Senior Member Babycakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    To many trolls
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    I think he would do ok at HW, he is more in the vein of Dos Santos or Cain in so much as he is fast and smaller, than some of the old monsters, at LHW to be fair he probably would be fair tasty as well, HW though is less talent filled than LHW so he might have a slightly easier time there - him v Reem would be interesting - granted Reems kicks would be an issue, but as a stand and bang fight, after seeing what Werdum did to Reem with a jab, Haye could be interesting as an opponent (getting a bit ahead of myself here to be fair haha).
    Do you think he would dominate 99% of what the uk has to offer at HW after say 6 months to 1 year full on wrestling and jitz training? I sure do.

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Portsmouth, England
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Yeah, I remember reading that a long time ago haha, Enzo was done then and never found his way back...shame really.

    Would still love Haye to have a crack at MMA once he has got the Klitschko's out of his system.
    I think he's too old to cross over though I'd be interested to see him fight either Overeem or JDS. If either stand with him they'd get put to sleep, they'd have to take him to the ground.

    Enzo was talking about it when he was in his mid twenties, I think for a top boxer to cross over and be really succesfull they need to make the switch in their twenties else they are not giong to have the time to develop the necessary skills
    Last edited by Jonny Ninja; 07-01-2013 at 02:07 PM.

  4. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    I think he's too old to cross over. Enzo was talking about it when he was in his mid twenties, I think for a top boxer to cross over and be really succesfull they need to make the switch in their twenties else they are not giong to have the time to develop the necessary skills
    No necessarily, if he spent 1 solid year wrestling and doing some BJJ he'd be 33, how many fighters in the world are 33+ and doing well?

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Portsmouth, England
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Fury's having a dig at bisping now, calling him a pr1ck and w@nker. This guy is not even a particulaly good boxer, just utilises his physical attributes well. I don't care if its price/haye or Cain/Bisping, cant wait for someone to put this guy out. the moment he fights a world class boxer (not that there are many at HW) people will see that he is no more than a decent domestic fighter. Everytime he opens his mouth he embarresses himself

  6. #56
    I'm Spartacus! jim2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Clydebank
    Posts
    1,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    No necessarily, if he spent 1 solid year wrestling and doing some BJJ he'd be 33, how many fighters in the world are 33+ and doing well?
    What's the point and what sort of level you reckon he could fight at with 1 year of training Wrestling and BJJ?!

    He goes from earning alot more money in Boxing to being on a regional show which may have 1000 fans there. Those fighters that are 33+ probably are seasoned Pro's with 30+ fights to their name and over 10 years experience in MMA
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Portsmouth, England
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    No necessarily, if he spent 1 solid year wrestling and doing some BJJ he'd be 33, how many fighters in the world are 33+ and doing well?
    I see what you are saying but would he stop the likes of say Bader taking him down at will with 1 years wrestling training?? I think he would've been better suited to crossing over a few years back but the top guys can do it all now. He'd be a one trick pony that would get beat by the top guys as soon as it goes to the ground imo. As an ex boxer I would love to see a world level fighter make that cross over and be successful, just not sure when/if that will happen

  8. #58

    Default

    Breaking down your comments I've responded.

    Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    What's the point and what sort of level you reckon he could fight at with 1 year of training Wrestling and BJJ?!
    After 1 solid year of wrestling and BJJ he'd be 0-0, so he wouldn't be fighting in the UFC, Bellator or anywhere else in the world, he'd be fighting another 0-0 or 0-1 guy, therefore I feel he'd be pretty ready. Whilst he's developing his record more time passes and more time is spent training meaning that by the time he's had probably 3 fights, he'll have done 2 years training etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    He goes from earning alot more money in Boxing to being on a regional show which may have 1000 fans there. Those fighters that are 33+ probably are seasoned Pro's with 30+ fights to their name and over 10 years experience in MMA
    You're forgetting that this hypothetical right? People offered the scenario and I offered my opinion. Also what you have said isn't 100% correct...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Cormier <- One of the best heavyweights in the world, 33 years old. He was 30 when he made his debut, he doesn't have 30+ fights.

    There are flaws with anyones arguments, I just offered an opinion that has facts that it is possible.

  9. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    I see what you are saying but would he stop the likes of say Bader taking him down at will with 1 years wrestling training?? I think he would've been better suited to crossing over a few years back but the top guys can do it all now. He'd be a one trick pony that would get beat by the top guys as soon as it goes to the ground imo. As an ex boxer I would love to see a world level fighter make that cross over and be successful, just not sure when/if that will happen
    Again, would he be fighting in the UFC as an 0-0 fighter? No. So why would be be fighting Bader?

  10. #60
    settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London Town
    Posts
    9,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    Fury's having a dig at bisping now, calling him a pr1ck and w@nker. This guy is not even a particulaly good boxer, just utilises his physical attributes well. I don't care if its price/haye or Cain/Bisping, cant wait for someone to put this guy out. the moment he fights a world class boxer (not that there are many at HW) people will see that he is no more than a decent domestic fighter. Everytime he opens his mouth he embarresses himself
    see: David Price
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.