Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Tyson Fury calling out Cain....

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    Fury's having a dig at bisping now, calling him a pr1ck and w@nker.
    That bit was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Breaking down your comments I've responded.

After 1 solid year of wrestling and BJJ he'd be 0-0, so he wouldn't be fighting in the UFC, Bellator or anywhere else in the world, he'd be fighting another 0-0 or 0-1 guy, therefore I feel he'd be pretty ready. Whilst he's developing his record more time passes and more time is spent training meaning that by the time he's had probably 3 fights, he'll have done 2 years training etc.

You're forgetting that this hypothetical right? People offered the scenario and I offered my opinion. Also what you have said isn't 100% correct...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Cormier <- One of the best heavyweights in the world, 33 years old. He was 30 when he made his debut, he doesn't have 30+ fights.

There are flaws with anyones arguments, I just offered an opinion that has facts that it is possible.
    Of course there will be exception's to the norm especially if guys come in with a solid base already.

by the time he is 34 he would have had 3 fights and still fighting on a regional show, so at what age would he get to a big show?
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    Of course there will be exception's to the norm especially if guys come in with a solid base already.

by the time he is 34 he would have had 3 fights and still fighting on a regional show, so at what age would he get to a big show?
    Like I said there are flaws in any argument, he could fight 7/8 times in 1 year, Cormier came from a wrestling background but has learnt his stand up, Haye would just be the alternate. You've hit the nail on the head when you said there'll be exceptions, all I said was it's possible. With people fighting long into their 40's now if he compiled a 5-0 record in quick time added to his status a show would come and give him a chance maybe the M1 or something random like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Like I said there are flaws in any argument, he could fight 7/8 times in 1 year, Cormier came from a wrestling background but has learnt his stand up, Haye would just be the alternate. You've hit the nail on the head when you said there'll be exceptions, all I said was it's possible. With people fighting long into their 40's now if he compiled a 5-0 record in quick time added to his status a show would come and give him a chance maybe the M1 or something random like that.
    There is a big factor that your not taking into consideration. What was Cormier doing for work before Strikeforce? and what was it paying?

Compare that to David Haye, it would be a massive step down both financially and exposure wise for him. He's at the age now where he probably wants to invest his money into business etc and not have to learn totally different combat sports. Just think that it's totally not in any of his interests to do so unless either he was to get a massive contract offer or really really wanted to dedicate the next few years to it, both are extremely unlikely at the moment.

I would love to see someone like David Haye compete in MMA but just think it won't happen.

Not saying your wrong or i'm right just having my opinion on it
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

There is a big factor that your not taking into consideration. What was Cormier doing for work before Strikeforce? and what was it paying?
    I appreciate this comment but we are speaking hypothetical here, so the hypothesis has to take in to account that Haye doesn't mind being paid a lot less than he would get for fighting a Klitschko or from when he fought Valuev.

Compare that to David Haye, it would be a massive step down both financially and exposure wise for him. He's at the age now where he probably wants to invest his money into business etc and not have to learn totally different combat sports. Just think that it's totally not in any of his interests to do so unless either he was to get a massive contract offer or really really wanted to dedicate the next few years to it, both are extremely unlikely at the moment.
    Again it sort of ties in with my above statement, if he wanted a stab at it and didn't mind it then financially it wouldn't be a problem because he's promoting boxing etc and has millions in the bank, he's never going to fight in MMA so its not justifiable I guess and is unlikely, I just offered a possibility to an non-impossible scenario.

I would love to see someone like David Haye compete in MMA but just think it won't happen.

Not saying your wrong or i'm right just having my opinion on it
    I think it'd be fun also, I know you're not saying I'm wrong, I've never mentioned I think I'm right or anyone else is wrong, just commenting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Morecambe View Post
    Cain wouldn't need to take him down or even punch Mr Fury. Plenty of legs strikes would finish Tyson off.

Queensbury Boxers cant take a kick in the leg. I remember Trevor Berbick's fight against Takada in 1991 in a MMA style fight.
    Berbick quit the fight when Takada started giving him leg kicks ...
    That was actually in UWFI, used to be on Sky Sports as Bushido.
    Was actually a pro-wrestling organisation not MMA. At one time Big Van Vader was the champion.
    However, in this fight Berbick was moaning about his pay backstage so Takada shot on him. Hence why Berbick looks terrified, clinging to the ropes & complaining about the rules.
    Takada did a similar thing against Koji Kitao, catching im with a head kick KO during what was a pro-wrestling match.

Fury should stick to boxing, as already mentioned he has shown improvements over last couple of fights.
    If he wants a fight have it with Price, then regardless of who wins they can both shut the hell up about Klitchskos & get some harder fights under their belts before jumping in the ring with either of those.

Brock did ok with very little experience at the top table of mma, Haye, given some takedown defense I could see doing, not tearing up tree's but the lad is a big athletic unit who is also very quick, he could cause some average HW's in the UFC trouble with half an hours takedown defense (assuming they dont have a wrassling background!)... If he were to step into MMA from a monetary point of view it would have to be the UFC with a share of PPV etc for him to be interested, maybe he could take a year off and train his arse off wrasslin!
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    When Fury takes price the distance and wins a lot will eat words.

And for all you Dry humpers out there heres one for you a boxer owning a top ground guy enjoy

Actually the fight was originally scheduled to be a pro-wrestling match, but Ali changed his mind about losing as fight approached. Original plan was close fight, then Inoki was going to cut himself after a series of blows from Ali. Ali would back off to let the doctor check Inoki's cut, but Inoki would jump on Ali & choke him out. Idea was so Inoki gets the win in his home country but Ali can say what a bad sport Inoki was.
    Instead it was agreed as a shoot, BUT Ali insisted on lots of rules. No throws. No tackles. No kicks from a standing position. Inoki couldn't stand with him obviously so dropped to his back & spent the fight there kicking out at him.
    Those kicks by the way put Ali in hospital with blood clots in his legs!

when haye for mccormeck in 07 or 08 he brought james zikic in cos mccormack clinched alot, he said when he first trained with london shoot he got took down 8 out of 10 times now he's reversed that statistic would be interesting to see him fight

Quote Originally Posted by moogie101 View Post
    Actually the fight was originally scheduled to be a pro-wrestling match, but Ali changed his mind about losing as fight approached. Original plan was close fight, then Inoki was going to cut himself after a series of blows from Ali. Ali would back off to let the doctor check Inoki's cut, but Inoki would jump on Ali & choke him out. Idea was so Inoki gets the win in his home country but Ali can say what a bad sport Inoki was.
    Instead it was agreed as a shoot, BUT Ali insisted on lots of rules. No throws. No tackles. No kicks from a standing position. Inoki couldn't stand with him obviously so dropped to his back & spent the fight there kicking out at him.
    Those kicks by the way put Ali in hospital with blood clots in his legs!
    kinda looks like ufc 1 or 2 with the boxing glove lol.