Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COMING SOON | Cage Warriors 2012: The Year in Review [VIDEO]

Administrator

Default COMING SOON | Cage Warriors 2012: The Year in Review [VIDEO]

Coming soon, a special programme documenting the most successful year in the 10-year history of Cage Warriors Fighting Championship. 2012 saw the organisation return to the forefront of MMA in Europe courtesy of 12 successful shows across nine different countries. Here's a taste of what to expect...

Cool video, an top year for CW, been some mint fight. Also... the pause image before you press play of josh looking out of it made me laugh

Is Ian wearing a hoodie AND a cravat? That's how they roll in Dagenham.
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

Personally I think there is a long way to go before Cage Warriors gets to doing shows like the Night of Champions and the Strike Force events so to call 2012 the most succesful year in the 10 year history of Cage Warriors is in my opinion wrong, but I suppose that depends on how you gauge success also the shows Tommy was doing in the USA were huge still what do I know? There's my yearly post
    Last edited by coventrywarrior; 09-01-2013 at 11:06 PM.
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President

Quote Originally Posted by coventrywarrior View Post
    Personally I think there is a long way to go before Cage Warriors gets to doing shows like the Night of Champions and the Strike Force events so to call 2012 the most succesful year in the 10 year history of Cage Warriors is in my opinion wrong, but I suppose that depends on how you gauge success also the shows Tommy was doing in the USA were huge still what do I know? There's my yearly post

12 shows in 12 months all around the world is hugely impressive even from just a logistics point of view let alone the fact that the match ups were top class, got to be top for me.

05 was mental though!

Cage Warriors has put out a good product for so long, owners have changed but the ethos hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by dhill View Post
    Also... the pause image before you press play of josh looking out of it made me laugh
    lol I look completely wasted?!
    ''Fren let me tell you, purple must smash people. SMASH THEM...that is hequirement for purple. Purple belt dangerus man, if purple belt cannot smash he not real purple'' - CREONTE
    Follow me on Twitter

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

12 shows in 12 months is good going, but for me, despite this Cagewarriors still has quite a bit to go before they reach the level's of the Skydome era. At its time NOTC was completely unheard of and was a complete success.
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

depends on how you view success 12 shows in 12 months with great production values I would say that is their most successful year. when is this video out then?
    Joey Essex is my hero, he's Reem.

I agree 12 shows in 12 months is no easy task it was done in the strike force era 12 shows between may 2005 and may 2006. I just feel that the shows I see on tv now are not of the same quality as the strike force shows and the rough house shows. Those shows were done for the Mma fan big names from all over the world. I know the logistical issues of doing shows abroad as the shows that were later done in FLorida. I love Cage Warriors I gave up 4 years of my life running it and I think Ian and Graham have done amazing things with it and it's only gonna get better but I still feel that 2005 - 2006 were the best years in the history of Cage Warriors and that's not a biased opinion.I really hope that at the end of 2013 that they say 2013 was their best year and that I can agree with them. Good luck this year and I hope this year surpasses all you expectations you deserve it for all the hard work you have put into Cage Warriors since the take over .
    Last edited by coventrywarrior; 10-01-2013 at 09:31 PM.
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President

The only thing I remember in 2005 was the riot. UK got handed a huge beat down by the French and Bigfoot was an adopted Brit for that night.
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative