Thread: Paul Daley meets Patrick Vallee at Cage Contender 16

Default Paul Daley meets Patrick Vallee at Cage Contender 16

Daley finally has a fight confirmed and meets Patrick Vallee

http://www.thefightlounge.co.uk/news...-contender-16/
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

With everything going on between Alvarez and Bellator I wouldn't be surprised if there was some underlying issue and Dale doesn't fight.

I personally think it won't happen but my opinion counts for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post

my opinion counts for nothing.
    thats beautiful
    Joey Essex is my hero, he's Reem.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly. View Post
    with everything going on between alvarez and bellator i wouldn't be surprised if there was some underlying issue and dale doesn't fight

i personally think it won't happen but my opinion counts for nothing.

qft !!!!!!!

When did you first hear Cage Contender were looking for an opponent for Daley?

I heard about the Cage Contender’s fight on Saturday. Fighting such a great athlete as Daley is an honour for me so I’ll do what the fans asked with great pleasure.

Your Sherdog record has you listed as middleweight, is this correct? How is the weight cut down to welterweight?

I am used to fight as a middleweight and doing small cuts, so for this welterweight match up, I am working with a nutritionist to drop weight the healthier as possible.

You have very faced tough opponents like Siyar Bahadurzada, David Bielkheden, Daniel Acacio and more, do you think Paul Daley will be your toughest opponent yet?

It is true, I have faced some good guys and Paul Daley is one of the top contenders in the weight class, so, for sure it’s going to be a good fight. I am looking forward to it.

You tried out for The Ultimate Fighter 13, talk to us about this experience please

I did the tryouts for the Ultimate Fighter 13. I passed all the different stages of the selection: grappling, pads, 2 interviews and the medicals but, for unknown reasons, 2 days before the day I was supposed to fly to Vegas, they dismissed me.

I guess it was because that season they didn’t the do the preliminaries fights to get into the house. They only took 14 guys instead around 30….

Any message to Paul Daley and the Cage Contender fans? Anyone you would like to thank?

First of all I d like to thank all the fans who suggested the fight, without you guys, I wouldn’t have such opportunity.

Of course, I also want to thank my manager Pat Wilson and all the Big Fight Management Team for their great job.

I also want to thank Daley for accepting this challenge as I know he was originally expecting another opponent.

Thanks for my Team EAM, coaches and sparring-partners.

Finally, thanks for my fans who always support me, for the best and for the rest, and thanks to all the MMA Fans, which without we couldn’t enjoy our great sport!
    More at - http://severemma.com/2013/01/08/paul...-contender-16/

I must have missed something, I wasn't aware we lived in a land where people accepted other people's opinions, hense the ending to my comment.

Can't wait to see daley finally fight again, love all of his fights. Anyone know what has caused his visa problems and if he is likely to fight in Bellator??

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    Can't wait to see daley finally fight again, love all of his fights. Anyone know what has caused his visa problems and if he is likely to fight in Bellator??
    Yes he's going through legal issues over a bar fight and is reportedly facing 2 years in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Yes he's going through legal issues over a bar fight and is reportedly facing 2 years in prison.
    What!! Who would be mug enough to get in to a row with Daley, either an idiot or maybe he didn't know who semtex is? Probably the latter!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    What!! Who would be mug enough to get in to a row with Daley, either an idiot or maybe he didn't know who semtex is? Probably the latter!
    Pauls ability inside a cage holds no bearing theoretically on a bar fight, all it takes is for one person to hit him over the head with a glass bottle and kill him and his skills count for shit, but I understand where you're coming from.