Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can people see Warburton-Sinclair happening?

Default Can people see Warburton-Sinclair happening?

I seen on FaceBook that YourMMA asked the question, which fighters people want to see in the UFC in 2013. With the majority of them saying Curt and Rob. If it was to happen then surely the winner of this fight deserves the shot. Im guessing most agree. But what i want to know is how people see this fight going if it does happen. Discuss away people.....

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    I seen on FaceBook that YourMMA asked the question, which fighters people want to see in the UFC in 2013. With the majority of them saying Curt and Rob. If it was to happen then surely the winner of this fight deserves the shot. Im guessing most agree. But what i want to know is how people see this fight going if it does happen. Discuss away people.....
    I think it is gonna happen for the BAMMA title. Winner should deffo get a UFC shot, no doubt at all.

How would you see the fight going and who do you think would win?

Close fight and prob the best 2 'unsigned' UK LW's with Stapes not far behind!

www.frontrowmma.com

I think it will be happening at bamma like jay said. But I was just wondering who people thought would win and how. It will be a good fight no doubt what ever will happen

I wouldn't say the winner would be auto shout for the UFC. Curts had his chance there before and Rob although on a nice streak only fought once last year and it was a split decision win over a guy that was cut from the UFC.

Obviously they are rightfully ranked highly in the uk, but with Norman Parke there now and Freakshow getting another shot along with Sass and Etim, space is tight with the uk well represented. On a world level there are beasts like Eddie Alvarez, Chandler, Rick Hawn that the ufc no doubt will be looking at then you've got strikeforce guys like Gil Melendez, Jorge Masvidal, Mizuto Hirota, Pat Healy, Bobby Green etc that will be coming over....

tough division to crack, ive got loads of respect for the tough fights Curt has taken since he left the UFC but this isnt a good time to be a lw trying to get in the UFC imo

just found some strikeforce lw rankings,

add potentially Josh Thompson, Ryan Couture, Conor Heun, Joe Duarte, Billy Evangelista, KJ noons, Caros Fodor

not sure exactly the contract situation with all those guys but ufc have slid a few in all ready and if they were looking for lw's surely cherry picking from these guys is a simple task for them
    Last edited by sol_dave; 06-01-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Yeah, but the UFC don't always pick the best fighters, with no disrespect mean't the TUF (UK v Aus) series is testament to that. Rob Sinclair will feature in the UFC if he beats Curt well. IMO that's a gimme.
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

I'd take Sinclair by a close decision.