Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UK MMA: A Year In Review

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderlips View Post
    Thats cool tried to find a few video's online and now im getting confused, whats the difference between the commonwealth games and the commonwealth tournement?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonw..._Championships
    The only difference is, the country hosting the commonwealth games can chose what sports they want involved, and as there is a limited amount of sports available sometimes certain sports don't get selected when this happens a commonwealth championships is set up, with the same title and same competitors from the commonwealth nations

Quote Originally Posted by KeiranMc View Post
    Will there be one on the Dinky Ninjas, Jay?
    Indeed there will

In the latest one we've got Trojan Free Fighters, and head coach Paul Sutherland running us through a great year for them Cheltenham-based outfit:

2012: A Year In Review - Trojan Free Fighters

A former CWFC champion himself, Paul is now building champions down there!

2012: A Year In Review - AVT

Danny "Cheesecake Assassin" Mitchell talks us through a good year for his Yorkshire fight team.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_ninja01 View Post
    The only difference is, the country hosting the commonwealth games can chose what sports they want involved, and as there is a limited amount of sports available sometimes certain sports don't get selected when this happens a commonwealth championships is set up, with the same title and same competitors from the commonwealth nations
    Thanks for clearing that up, whilst i was looking what the difference is, i came across a few Judo forums / sites etc and the general opinion was that the level wasnt as good as a commonwealth games?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderlips View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up, whilst i was looking what the difference is, i came across a few Judo forums / sites etc and the general opinion was that the level wasnt as good as a commonwealth games?
    I'm not sure if you're doing it unintentionally with your line of questioning, but it comes across as trying to belittle his achievements. Even competing at that level is impressive, let alone winning. It's great that Gym 01 have him and I can't wait to see him fight more.

Here's Paul McVeigh running us through a great year for the Dinky Ninja Fight Team:

http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.a...nky-ninjas.htm

great idea for a feature

ttt

i was just geniunely curious as it confused me, Commonwealth games and Commonwealth tournements sound similar. Fair play to him, he's doing well in MMA and looks very promising tbh. Guessing this site is really out of date though?

http://www.judoinside.com/judoka/vie...7/judo-career/

Really enjoyed the DNFT read, very experienced guys with some excellent fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I'm not sure if you're doing it unintentionally with your line of questioning, but it comes across as trying to belittle his achievements. Even competing at that level is impressive, let alone winning. It's great that Gym 01 have him and I can't wait to see him fight more.
    Thanks Jay, seems you can't please everyone.
    I'll just leave the haters to hate.
    If you love fighting you can never really lose!!!!!
    www.southcoastsubmissions.co.uk
    www.gym01.com