Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this possible???

Default Is this possible???

I've been training in a couple of different arts and I've a friend who is more into just MMA, now I haven't a problem with MMA in any way, and have a lot of respect for it. My friend I think is blinkered into thinking that MMA is the only thing that works, I know this is the wrong website to get any support, that's not what I am asking here, we are always having heated discussions about what works, on the street, is it a sport and so on and on!
    So in conclusion we have decided to have a little amateur MMA bout to see what's what! So what I'm asking is, Is there anywhere we could hire a venue legally to do this? How can we go about this?
    We both live in south London, we have given each other 3 months to train, is there a gym or somewhere in the that would allow us to put the fight on?

You should do it on the streets, the way real men would.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

I don't know you personally but I think you sound blinkered!
    Your friend is just trying to point out that mma is a fast growing sport
    Out of interest what martial arts have you trained in?
    He's excited by this "new" sport that he can participate in, I bet he hates football

Have you tried resolving the issue with a thumb war?

Ha ha ha. Ok my fault for a) calling you blinkered and b) giving you the link to this forum. But at least I didn't stoop so low as to pretend I'm someone else, there will be blood BUD! Get training, you have 3 months. Anyway everything you wrote is irrelevant, I am not starting a slanging match over the Internet, I am not against MMA, this is not a discussion about anything else. The only question I would like answered is where can we have the fight legally and safely? 😀
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud View Post
    I don't know you personally but I think you sound blinkered!
    Your friend is just trying to point out that mma is a fast growing sport
    Out of interest what martial arts have you trained in?
    He's excited by this "new" sport that he can participate in, I bet he hates football

Quote Originally Posted by Bud View Post
    Have you tried resolving the issue with a thumb war?
    We can settle this with thumb war if you like, Who's got the best thumb jitsu!!
    Last edited by JPZ; 04-01-2013 at 10:42 PM.

Apologies. If anyone does know a place it would be very helpful.
    We might be able to enter a small show but again I don't know
    how that would work! Ideas anyone?

Im gonna go ahead and say it most mma guys would probs beat most untrained street guys as long as its a 1 v 1 and they watch out for the Bite and thumb to the eye

Why do you need a venue for this for only 3 months training, sort it out in a field like men ffs. Sound like a pair of wannabe's who want to train 3 months, scrap in a cage then tell everyone you are UFC fighters.

Just have a ballsack off - flip a coin, winner goes first, hoofs loser in balls, then loser has a go and rotate til someone quits...that sorts the men from the boys.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Oh your welsh! That explains it.