Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ringworm, best way to shift it.

Default Ringworm, best way to shift it.

Seem to have picked up a bit of ringworm on my neck. Been to the doctor and they have gave me 3 different creams and none seem to be working. Sick of being sidelined from training, anyone got any swift ways to shift it. Looking for full instructions, not just bang some bleach on it!
    DANNY HENRY PRO LIGHTWEIGHT 2-0

Need to be on some antibiotics and refrain from training until the course is up!

Antibiotics don't do anything for fungal infection! Terrible advice.

The creams should work, they don't make it vanish straight away though. I think if it's not spreading then it should be dead and you're ok to train, but I would suggest not training until you can see that the marks are fading.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Nuke it from orbit!
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHA PUP View Post
    Looking for full instructions, not just bang some bleach on it!
    Dilute some bleach to about 50%, dip a folded up paper towel in it, dab a bit on the ringworm, wash it off after a minute or so. Do not do this near any open wounds or orifices, obviously. If it hurts like a total motherfucker and the skin goes extremely red you didn't dilute the bleach enough. Repeat 3-4 times a day.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor and the above is probably terrible advice, but it's what I've done in the past and it works for me.

There was some lad in our gym who did the bleach thing, it fucked his skin right up. I personally wouldn't try it, coz I probably wouldn't get the dilution correct (despite having a Chemistry degree, doncha know, what what).

I got rid of ringworm fairly quickly with Canesten Hydrocortisone cream and, while it was being treated, I kept it from spreading by putting athlete's foot powder in all "key areas". Ringworm is basically athlete's foot, but elsewhere on the body.

Goes without saying, avoid the gym until you're better (or until you can totally cover the infection with a rashguard or those really gay looking tights).

Oh, also, the quicker you get in the shower after training, the better. If you're letting sweat linger on your body, for long enough for it to actually dry before you get a shower, then that's fertile breeding ground for the fungus to spread.

</disgusting post>
    Tea Drinker for Life, but preaching tolerance for the Children of Coffee.

Teatree oil is good.
    When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail.

Quote Originally Posted by homerplata View Post
    (despite having a chemistry degree, doncha know, what what).
    burn the nerd!!!!!!!
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Athlete's foot cream. As my learned friend stated, 'tis the same fungus. if the creams don't work, go back to your GP and get some antifungal tablets. Wash your hands after touching it or you might transfer it to other parts of your body.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    burn the nerd!!!!!!!
    Did I mention that I work with computers and watch The Big Bang Theory too?

I shall burn myself.
    Tea Drinker for Life, but preaching tolerance for the Children of Coffee.