Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Flyweight tourney to crown OMMAC champion

  1. #1

    Default Flyweight tourney to crown OMMAC champion

    A four man tournament will decide who the first ever OMMAC flyweight champion will be, with the fighters battling out for the lion's share of the 2.5k prize fund:

    http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.a...t-ommac-16.htm

    Should be competitive - Gjoka is currently #7 in the country, Wong took a big scalp last time out and Greyson and Creighton are both very dangerous as they drop down a weightclass.

  2. #2

    Default

    awesome, draw will be very interesting

  3. #3

    Default

    In terms of experience, previous opponents and some elements of skill you'd have to say Niko should walk this, however the other dudes are no novices.

  4. #4

    Default

    Wong takes this by two submissions he handled Handley comfortably who is no mug

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    947

    Default

    Yeah Wong for me too... Menga would have walked this had he been in it tho!

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Yeah Wong for me too... Menga would have walked this had he been in it tho!
    What makes you think that? Niko has fought and beat a lot tougher competition as it stands. Don't get me wrong, I think Menga is a great fighter and I hear is getting a matchup that will potentially put him right up there in the near future, but as it stands I think saying he would have walked it is a bit premature.

    Was very impressed by Wong in his last fight - Creighton and Greyson will both be big guys at the weight and have aggressive striking styles. Should be interesting.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Cannock/Lichfield
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Tough to call IMO, will be great to watch though

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderlips View Post
    Wong takes this by two submissions he handled Handley comfortably who is no mug
    I'm sure that was a missed opportunity for some pun-based hilarity.

    Back on topic, sort of, does anyone know what happens if any of the fighters don't make weight? It'd be bizarre to have catchweight fights in a designated flyweight tourney.
    Tea Drinker for Life, but preaching tolerance for the Children of Coffee.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    What makes you think that? Niko has fought and beat a lot tougher competition as it stands. Don't get me wrong, I think Menga is a great fighter and I hear is getting a matchup that will potentially put him right up there in the near future, but as it stands I think saying he would have walked it is a bit premature.

    Was very impressed by Wong in his last fight - Creighton and Greyson will both be big guys at the weight and have aggressive striking styles. Should be interesting.
    What makes me say it is ive seen both in action and have a little inside knowledge... Menga is a lot more talented and getting better and better all the time.

    We can all have an opinion on it and this is mine!

    As you say Menga's match up should show us where he is really at, but imo he doesnt really have any weak areas and can go far at this weight.

  10. #10

    Default

    I think Gjoka vs Menga would be a decent match up...

    Niko has fought the better fighters and has the wins and losses to show it, when Menga really steps it up we'll see what he can do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.