Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: OMMAC 16 March 2nd - card so far

It was very close, a split decision which was basically on the last round and could have gone either way.

And yes he wants to move up as the cut was affecting his performance/gastank. He wants a crack at the LW division now its that simple

But if Artem steps up to LW and seeks a fight with Saul then there is no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    But if Artem steps up to LW and seeks a fight with Saul then there is no problem.
    apart from the obvious from Sauls point of view that he's facing a completely unranked fighter (in that division) who he already holds a win over. What has he got to gain other than making a few people on this thread happy?

I'm no way affiliated with Saul, I've never met him but this fight on a risk reward basis seems risk/high reward/low

Quote Originally Posted by sol_dave View Post
    apart from the obvious from Sauls point of view that he's facing a completely unranked fighter (in that division) who he already holds a win over. What has he got to gain other than making a few people on this thread happy?

I'm no way affiliated with Saul, I've never met him but this fight on a risk reward basis seems risk/high reward/low
    I was just playing devils advocate.

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

I was just playing devils advocate.
    No you wasnt, you was being a bell.
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

Quote Originally Posted by sol_dave View Post

Firstly let me start off by stating that i do not know either Saul or Artem on a PPersonal level buut after seeing many of their fights i'm a fan of both.

The reason i quoted this ws just on one bit which was, "he's facing a completely unranked fighter (in that division)"

The reson i quoted this is that Saul will also be an unranked fighter the LLW division. IMHO Saul will be a threat first time out to any fighter rankked 15-30 (not saying he couldn't beat any ranked above just IMO one of these would be an ideal opponent first time out). Artem is also unranked at LW but after their first fight (i myself haven't seen it) it could give a good debut fight in the division and help find a definitive winner.

Should Artem get the victory he pulls back a loss but should Saul (i personally think he would) gain a more decisive victory at a new weight class where he has to cut less weight, he would be in a better position to have a fight against any ranked lightweight "make sense".
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    Firstly let me start off by stating that i do not know either Saul or Artem on a PPersonal level buut after seeing many of their fights i'm a fan of both.

The reason i quoted this ws just on one bit which was, "he's facing a completely unranked fighter (in that division)"

The reson i quoted this is that Saul will also be an unranked fighter the LLW division. IMHO Saul will be a threat first time out to any fighter rankked 15-30 (not saying he couldn't beat any ranked above just IMO one of these would be an ideal opponent first time out). Artem is also unranked at LW but after their first fight (i myself haven't seen it) it could give a good debut fight in the division and help find a definitive winner.

Should Artem get the victory he pulls back a loss but should Saul (i personally think he would) gain a more decisive victory at a new weight class where he has to cut less weight, he would be in a better position to have a fight against any ranked lightweight "make sense".
    I dont believe beating a blown up fw he already holds a win over would leave him in "a better position to have a fight against any ranked lightweight" personally.

Who really cares,I'd like to see it but see no point from Sauls end, I dont manage him and I dont promote the show so we will see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by widge milward View Post
    No you wasnt, you was being a bell.
    Love you baby

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post

15. Mike Wilkinson
    16. Daniel Thomas
    17. Chris Hoban
    18. Lee Wieczorek
    19. Brendan Loughnane
    20. Paul Redmond
    21. Tommy Maguire
    22. Wes Murch
    23. Martin Delaney
    24. Lewis Long
    25. Dale Hardiman
    26. Alexei Roberts
    27. Uche Ihiekwe
    28. Jeremy Petley
    29. Jason Cooledge
    30. Tom Maguire

Who would make a good fight and be ideal then Nathan?
    (using yourmma Dec rankings as a rough guide)
    Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer

Based on that list and on Sauls record... someone like Alexei Roberts... Although I think Saul would take him down and dispose of him but thats just my opinion.
    Last edited by Grizzly.; 16-01-2013 at 11:13 AM.