Thread: Places to train New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Las Vegas?

Default Places to train New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Las Vegas?

I'm going to be travelling across the us for a month in July, anyone recommend the best places to train for a lighter guy?! Will be heading to New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Las Vegas. Appreciate any feedback

Thanks

New York - http://www.renzogracie.com/

Literally right in the middle of everything.

Gotta be worth going into Marcelo's whilst you're in NY too.

Pure MMA NYC
    104 W. 14th St., 4th floor
    New York, NY 10011
    (646) 234-9789
    www.derosamma.com/

Hours: Mon to Fri – 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.; Sat to Sun – noon to 3 p.m.
    Price: $25 trial classes
    Offering intense training for those serious about MMA, this school emphasizes that it is not about fitness or casual training; its focus is on teaching realistic martial arts for self-defense and MMA competition. Still, beginners are welcome, and most of Pure MMA’s students have no experience when they start training. There are three back-to-back classes each day, and students are welcome to join an ongoing class whenever they show up. There is also no dress code or uniform, but sneakers and socks are not allowed on the mats.

Sounds perfect for you.

If you will be hiring a car to get around while you're over there you should look into getting a session or two in with Vougar Oroudjov, who won bronze at the 1992 olympics & 2 world championships in freestyle wrestling for Russia. He's currently coaching at Nassau Community College, which is around a 30 - 40 minute drive from Renzo's gym in Brooklyn. He's a small bloke as well he competed around the 50kg mark.

http://vougarswrestlingclub.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    I'm going to be travelling across the us for a month in July, anyone recommend the best places to train for a lighter guy?! Will be heading to New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Las Vegas. Appreciate any feedback

Thanks
    New York would have to be Renzo Gracie's gym some unreal fighters train there. Think Matt Serra has a couple of gyms in New York too but they aren't near the big city.

In San Francisco there's 10th Planet, Ralph Gracie has a gym and there's a Fairtex Gym for thai.

I think there's a Tapout Training Center in Los Angeles

As for Vegas you will be spoiled for choice. There's shit loads of world class gyms there.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Cheers guys, trying to organise it so I get a few days in each place and make the most of it, can't wait :-)

You need to train at Cobra Kai in Las Vegas. I trained there and it was great training. not many tourist go there which makes it better
    Pro 2-0,Semi-Pro 3-1,Am 6-1-1 Height 5ft 10 Weight 70kg