Thread: MMA fighters Jumping on the Tyson Fury bandwagon

Default MMA fighters Jumping on the Tyson Fury bandwagon

Whilst I understand in a way why Tyson Fury did what he did as he has managed to generate quite a bit of hype for himself after his recent calling out of Cain Velasquez.

What baffles me though is why loads of Pro MMA fighters are sending challenges out to Tyson Fury in response to that? Even guys at lighter weights!

I appreciate everyone having an opinion on the subject matter but they are all just fueling his ego.

What he said was stupid, now everyone wants to try and get their 5 minutes of fame off the back of it and make challenges etc. He talks crap, I have just ignored it as I know it's all garbage and what he is trying to do.

Don't be suckered in as the sacrificial lamb!
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

I've said the same myself - He's not fighting anyone in MMA (unless the UFC does a James Toney with him, which they wont), so why give him the time of day? It was pretty obvious that he was just looking for a bit of free publicity from the MMA community... well done, now he's got it.

It's no secret that Channel Five have been piggybacking their MMA efforts with BAMMA off the back of Fury's fights - IMO this is just a way for Five/Fury to develop a bit of a cross-over between audiences, and for Fury to get his name out there.

No disrespect to the MMA guys who have called him out - but do you really think he's going to entertain an MMA fight against any of you (especially considering the purses he commands in boxing)? If the answer is no, then stop giving him the attention he and his people were so blatantly out to get.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by brashleyholland View Post
    I've said the same myself - He's not fighting anyone in MMA (unless the UFC does a James Toney with him, which they wont), so why give him the time of day? It was pretty obvious that he was just looking for a bit of free publicity from the MMA community... well done, now he's got it.

It's no secret that Channel Five have been piggybacking their MMA efforts with BAMMA off the back of Fury's fights - IMO this is just a way for Five/Fury to develop a bit of a cross-over between audiences, and for Fury to get his name out there.

No disrespect to the MMA guys who have called him out - but do you really think he's going to entertain an MMA fight against any of you (especially considering the purses he commands in boxing)? If the answer is no, then stop giving him the attention he and his people were so blatantly out to get.
    Exactly

Tyson Fury will earn a couple of million pounds for a domestic fight with David Price so why would he fight a ukmma guy?

To play devils advocate to this - those fighters who call him out in response - at least it gets their name out there for a moment as well, don't think anyone expects him to step up and get smashed in an MMA bout, he isn't that stupid (well.....). If someone punks him and offers him a fight at his next press conference and he turns it down, he might look a bit silly then - however all publicity is good publicity they say (though Jimmy Savilles family may disagree these days).

Its all just a bit silly really, Fury hasn't got the skillset to actually back up running his mouth about MMA, UK MMA hasn't got the finance to make it happen anyway, most fighters would plant him and smash him and most people know this. Maybe everyone here should agree to all go to his next press conference, we vote one fighter to stand up and call him out, we all stand up and applaud, whilst wearing T-shirts with Randy grabbing Toney's ankle and planting him pictured on the front.

Once Price smashes him silly though, maybe once he gets bored of the UK circuit fighting cans and has beens, he may be desperate enough to see if he can last more than 3 seconds in a cage....but I doubt it. Once Fury fights Price and or a Klitschko he will have hit his ceiling and its gatekeeper at best for him.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.