Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colossal Concerns: MMA VS BOXING

Default Colossal Concerns: MMA VS BOXING

Latest COLLOSAL CONCERNS MMA blog, Mma vs.Boxing, dissected by me like a skilled handsome, delicate, Colossal surgeon, since the debates been resurrected by our dim-witted friend Tyson Fury. I wanted to hear the good people of cage warriors views.

http://colossalconcerns.com/2013/01/15/mma-vs-boxing/
    MMA vs. BOXING
    colossalconcerns.com

Like me or not, Iím a high level mma fighter
    Are you?

Define high level considering the last four fights you've had have been against, shall we say MMA celebrities?

I think there are some mma fighters who could possibly do well in boxing just on the training they are doing but with boxers to move to mma they would have to mix it up thats the biggest difference for me but saying that without boxing those same mma fighters probs wouldnt be half the fighters they are so its a catch 22 situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Duffus View Post
    Are you?

Define high level considering the last four fights you've had have been against, shall we say MMA celebrities?
    Yes he is, he's had 7 fights in Pride and went 5-2, he's beaten Dan Severn and Don Frye respectively, he's fought more times abroad than in his home country and in his last fight beat the Shark Fights Chanpion who has a couple of good wins against the likes of Jason Guida who's well seasoned. Like it or not he isn't a bog standard domestic level fighter.

Oh and in the last 4 fights part of your comment, I look forward to watching you fight Pudz, Sapp and Lashley.
    Last edited by Grizzly.; 16-01-2013 at 07:27 AM.

Are you?

Lets not flirt round the issue I said I was a high level Mma fighter, do you agree or disagree with this statement ?

Do you think I'm a high level Mma fighter ?
    Last edited by Megapunk; 16-01-2013 at 10:14 AM.

The more you really look into the subject the more you see by breaking it down its catch 22. On so many levels

Quote Originally Posted by Megapunk View Post
    Lets not flirt round the issue I said I was a high level Mma fighter, do you agree or disagree with this statement ?

It depends what any individual classes as high level?

Your take on high level may different for the next guy. As it is opinion based then no-one can be right or wrong.

If you base the UFC as high level then your probably not high level but if you look domestically then I would say you are a high level.

Your experiences have been good so no-one can take that away from you and that you have acheived things that most other domestic fighters will never achieve in their fighting careers
    Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer

Quote Originally Posted by Megapunk View Post

I think when you say a term as loosely as "high-level MMA fighter" you're leaving a broad subject to debate. Personally, on a domestic level there is probably 4 or 5 fighters who I would back to take the victory over yourself. European level, there's far too many names to even think about who have the skill-set to defeat you.

I don't aim to take anything away from your achievements, but what I would say is when you put yourself on a perch such as you have, you're going to get a few posters trying to knock you off it.

And in regards to me fighting Pudz, Sapp & Lashley.. Why would I want to do that? I earn a perfectly good living without having to fight guys like this to earn a big payday.

I think when you say a term as loosely as "high-level MMA fighter" you're leaving a broad subject to debate. Personally, on a domestic level there is probably 4 or 5 fighters who I would back to take the victory over yourself. European level, there's far too many names to even think about who have the skill-set to defeat you.
    This is irrelevant though, it's hypothetical, I can think of a good few people who'd beat everyone who's ranked number 1 on the domestic scene, they're already fighting to a 'high domestic level', he is fighting further a field against guys who would easily beat our domestic fighters e.g Bobby Lashley. Regardless of who you are, there are always people out there who can/will beat you, nobody will ever be undefeated in MMA. Based purely on the fighters he's faced over the last 10 years and the shows he's fought on, he is fighting at a high level.

Lightbulb

I don't aim to take anything away from your achievements, but what I would say is when you put yourself on a perch such as you have, you're going to get a few posters trying to knock you off it.

And in regards to me fighting Pudz, Sapp & Lashley.. Why would I want to do that? I earn a perfectly good living without having to fight guys like this to earn a big payday.
    Right ok, I don't need a list of everyone you think might beat me it was a simply question. Do you think I was right in my statement that I'm a high level MMA Fighter ?

Don't worry m8 you haven't taken anything away from my achievements. I think your right, when you fight, write blogs, do videos people are going to "try and knock you off your perch" I don't have a problem with this as I can always justify what I've said or written even if people don't agree. I only ask them to do the same I.E in this case i'm asking you if you agree with my statement about being a high level Mma fighter or not.

Sorry you losed me competletly here, rewind. Why would you want to fight these guys ?

I have no idea, I didn't ask you to.

I didn't know you were a Mma fighter and I'm not suggesting you do.

Is there something wrong with "fighting guys like these ?"
    I'm not sure if I've missed something. Please answer all my questions, thanks Steve
    Last edited by Megapunk; 16-01-2013 at 11:57 AM.