Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colossal Concerns: MMA VS BOXING

Quote Originally Posted by THE EQUALIZER View Post
    It depends what any individual classes as high level?

Your take on high level may different for the next guy. As it is opinion based then no-one can be right or wrong.

If you base the UFC as high level then your probably not high level but if you look domestically then I would say you are a high level.

Your experiences have been good so no-one can take that away from you and that you have acheived things that most other domestic fighters will never achieve in their fighting careers
    Yeah I agree with you it's alway based on a person option. That's why I was asking I didn't think the comment "I fight mma at a high level would be that debatable in my humble option of course. I'm not I the UFC I get that and that is a very high level. But so was Pride. The statement options are like arse holes comes to mind.

Have you anything lined up yet James?. I liked the last fight against Lashley but Sapp and Pudz are not high level in my eyes but your unbeaten in your last 4.

You vs Oli Thompson would be cool!
    Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer

Quote Originally Posted by Megapunk View Post
    Right ok, I don't need a list of everyone you think might beat me it was a simply question. Do you think I was right in my statement that I'm a high level MMA Fighter ?

Don't worry m8 you haven't taken anything away from my achievements. I think your right, when you fight, write blogs, do videos people are going to "try and knock you off your perch" I don't have a problem with this as I can always justify what I've said or written even if people don't agree. I only ask them to do the same I.E in this case i'm asking you if you agree with my statement about being a high level Mma fighter or not.

Sorry you losed me competletly here, rewind. Why would you want to fight these guys ?

I have no idea, I didn't ask you to.

I didn't know you were a Mma fighter and I'm not suggesting you do.

Is there something wrong with "fighting guys like these ?"
    I'm not sure if I've missed something. Please answer all my questions, thanks Steve
    In response to your questions asked;

Do I think you're a high-level MMA Fighter ? This again is all down to personal opinion, but in my eyes no. And this isn't just because you're not in the UFC, Strikeforce, Bellator etc.. I just think high-level is a very vague word to use to describe somebodies credentials as an MMA fighter. What would you defy as a high-level MMA fighter James, if you can justify everything you write about yourself?

That response wasn't to you but Grizzly, who stated he would like to see me fight your last four fights.

And in my opinion, it all depends where you want to go in your career James, if you're happy fighting these guys then I'm happy for you. But if you wanted to class yourself as a high-level fighter, why not fight a Neil Grove's again or a Stav Economou for example?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Duffus View Post

Do I think you're a high-level MMA Fighter ? This again is all down to personal opinion, but in my eyes no. And this isn't just because you're not in the UFC, Strikeforce, Bellator etc.. I just think high-level is a very vague word to use to describe somebodies credentials as an MMA fighter. What would you defy as a high-level MMA fighter James, if you can justify everything you write about yourself?

That response wasn't to you but Grizzly, who stated he would like to see me fight your last four fights.

And in my opinion, it all depends where you want to go in your career James, if you're happy fighting these guys then I'm happy for you. But if you wanted to class yourself as a high-level fighter, why not fight a Neil Grove's again or a Stav Economou for example?
    Because going by your own thesis and comments, Neil Grove isn't a high level fighter nor is Stav.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Because going by your own thesis and comments, Neil Grove isn't a high level fighter nor is Stav.
    What do you class as a high-level fighter then Grizzly?

Thanks for answering my question. Not let me answer yours. I think a high level mma fighter is someone who fights and earns a good living from mma and has fought decent people in the top shows. All of which I have. I was happy at that point in my life to fight those guys sure.

I get on with both Neil and Stav but of course I would fight them. I'd love to rematch Neil again that's no secret. I just did an interview writhe host said he was talking to a SA promotor who wanted me and Neil on the main card of the show in SA, which I'd love to fight on, are you kidding I get to go to SA somewhere I've never been and revenge a loss that hangs over my head like the dark cloud that follow Lenise around in Snoopy.

So Steve if I fought and beat Grove or Stav than would I be in your expert mma eyes fighting mma at a high level ?

Are those fighters, Grove and Stav fighting mma on a high level?

Have you every heard of Pride ?
    Last edited by Megapunk; 16-01-2013 at 02:51 PM.

What do you class as a high-level fighter then Grizzly?
    Fighting on a European stage is a high level.

If we talk semantics, I could play football for Rotherham and this would be classed as a 'high level' of football though they're not in the Premier League, they will always be better than your Suttons, Aldershots and then lower down towards grass roots sunday morning teams. The Premier league could be if you like the elite level (UFC?), the best in the world, which is something you don't need to be to be at the high level. Does my example seem prudent to my argument?

personally i think if you fight internationally, you get paid for it and make a living out of it, you could consider yourself high level. how many thousands of amateur, semi pros, domestic fighters are there across the world and think how many of those have fought in pride, or internationally? what level are they considered then? shit / not so shit / average/ above average etc etc.

I would also say that there are levels above 'high', such as elite / champion levels. so yeah i think you could consider Mr T high level. just my 2 pence worth.

Firstly in my eyes your high level you had a few fights in pride if i had to pick to fight in pride or ufc it would be pride every time even though i would get destroyed lol you did good chin up Second a fight i would love to see and buy a ticket too would be you vs Darren Towler i think that would be a absolute war if you both came in fully fit. I dont know if it will or could happen but thats the uk HW fight i would love to see.

I think there's a separation that needs to be made between 'high level' and 'highest level'.

Unquestionably, the UFC is the highest level in the sport. Respectfully, and I think James himself would agree, at this point James isn't at a level to be mixing it up with the Overeems, Velasquez' and JDS's of the world. Outside that you've got a smattering of guys fighting on Bellator, M-1 etc who could probably get in on the bottom rung of the UFC's heavyweight division.

But looking at the average MMA fighter in the talent pool, especially at heavyweight, it's tough to say that James hasn't competed at a high level.

We're talking what, 25-30 guys in the UFC heavyweight division, with perhaps another 20 who could feasibly get a shot there at this moment in time? Surely we're not saying that anyone who isn't amongst the top fifty HW fighters on the entire planet isn't high level?
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.