Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UK MMA: A Year In Review

Default UK MMA: A Year In Review

We're looking at what happened for the major fight teams and promotions over the last twelve months. Highlights, lowlights, achievements and more.

We've kicked off with two of the country's most prolific fight camps, Gym 01 and Tillery Combat.

Their respective head coaches, Brian Adams and Richard Shore, kindly gave up their time to reflect on the year gone by.

Check them out - I'll keep updating them in this thread.

2012: A Year In Review - Gym 01

2012: A Year In Review - Tillery Combat

Enjoy!

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

These were wicked. Love the comment about Caswell in the gym01, that he can take anyone down if he physically touches them, awesome!

From Wales, the Prosser injury sounds absolutely awful, fair play to him for continuing. Beaumont sounds an interesting prospect.

Are there more gyms on the way?
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    These were wicked. Love the comment about Caswell in the gym01, that he can take anyone down if he physically touches them, awesome!

From Wales, the Prosser injury sounds absolutely awful, fair play to him for continuing. Beaumont sounds an interesting prospect.

Are there more gyms on the way?
    Thanks Jimmy! Yeah, we've got a bunch more to come! SBG (Ireland and Manchester), Trojan, AVT and a couple more hopefully.

Can't wait to see more of Caswell. Would be sweet to see a South Coast Parisyan.

Brett is more a "Rousey" tbh, great legs!!!!!
    If you love fighting you can never really lose!!!!!
    www.southcoastsubmissions.co.uk
    www.gym01.com

Great reads so far. Quality feature.
    Co-Owner of www.AddictedMMA.com and massive MMA Addict!

reem read jay and two top clubs imo richard and brian are good coaches what is the next feature?
    Joey Essex is my hero, he's Reem.

Two top gyms with a lot of talent coming through! Good reads.

Great idea that, really enjoyed them both.

Brett Caswell is a world class judoka. Having won the Commenwealth Games, Brett wanted to try MMA. He's been with me for almost a year and in that time has really started to develop into a great prospect. There isn't a flyweight on the planet that can stop him taking them down once he physically touches them. This year you'll see it.
    He's won the commonwealth games? thats impressive! what year?

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Says 2006 on a judo site
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

you got a link mate? gonna try find some video's on youtube