Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Twenty Strikeforce stars officially sign with the UFC.

Default Twenty Strikeforce stars officially sign with the UFC.

Twenty of Strikeforce's finest have officially signed with the UFC following the promotion's permanent closure this past Saturday.

There is one notable name missing from the list however.

http://www.thefightlounge.co.uk/news...-ufc-fighters/
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Looking forward to seeing how Melendez, Jacare and Mousasi do in the UFC

I want Roger vs Jacare in MMA. I want it bad.

I wouldn't mind seeing:

Mousasi vs. Gustafsson/Bader/lil Nog
    Jacare vs. winner of Lombard vs. Okami
    Rockhold vs. Weidman
    Saffiedine vs. loser of Hendricks vs. Ellenberger or winner of Condit vs. Macdonald
    Marquardt vs. Koscheck

After the Henderson fight i wouldn't mind seeing Melendez vs. Edgar at 145lbs

Does anyone think that their rosters are potentially getting too big now?... The lightweight division is hella deep, they're going to have to put on a show on every week if they get any bigger.

There is a danger of over saturating the market when the market isn't on par with other American sports I suppose. For the hardcore its great but the more cards they put on, the more chances of injuries and pull outs and so on. I wonder if it ever will get to the stage where they do a minor league as to keep all the fighters in rotation at the moment is going to get harder and harder, plus building up new names - there is a danger they will get lost amongst the crowd when they are being shoved on undercards, FB prelims and so on. Why not have them headline a minor league show and at least it gives them more billing....

Maybe re-invent the TUF format to accomodate fighters on the roster already and build them up that way, not a house format but a gym to gym format, even gym against gym, otherwise it could end up like some of the boxing undercards where you have no idea who the dudes are so your interest in them at times is a lot less if you have no invested interest in them.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Does anyone think that their rosters are potentially getting too big now?... The lightweight division is hella deep, they're going to have to put on a show on every week if they get any bigger.
    All around the world if they want to be the biggest they need to hold events as often as the biggest global domination baby x

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Yeah i agree about the lightweight division being huge. It always baffles me when they keep doing lightweight TUFs as the division is already jam packed.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    There is a danger of over saturating the market when the market isn't on par with other American sports I suppose. For the hardcore its great but the more cards they put on, the more chances of injuries and pull outs and so on. I wonder if it ever will get to the stage where they do a minor league as to keep all the fighters in rotation at the moment is going to get harder and harder, plus building up new names - there is a danger they will get lost amongst the crowd when they are being shoved on undercards, FB prelims and so on. Why not have them headline a minor league show and at least it gives them more billing....

Maybe re-invent the TUF format to accomodate fighters on the roster already and build them up that way, not a house format but a gym to gym format, even gym against gym, otherwise it could end up like some of the boxing undercards where you have no idea who the dudes are so your interest in them at times is a lot less if you have no invested interest in them.
    I'm not 100% but i'm sure there was an interview with Dana a while back where he said that eventually the UFC will go down that route where they have a sort of continental set up or something.

Yeah that does ring a bell. They will need to at some point, once they buy Bellator and Invicta and One FC and Bobs backyard brawls its gonna get craaaazy!
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.