Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Twenty Strikeforce stars officially sign with the UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Does anyone think that their rosters are potentially getting too big now?... The lightweight division is hella deep, they're going to have to put on a show on every week if they get any bigger.
    Including last weekends Strikeforce show there have been/will be shows on the 12th, 19th and 26th of Jan, 2nd, 16th and 23rd of Feb, 3rd and 16th of March. Only two weekends off in that stint. They've got nothing between March 16th and April 13th yet, but then they start again with shows on consecutive weeks on the 13th, 20th and 27th of April...and so it continues.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by brashleyholland View Post
    Including last weekends Strikeforce show there have been/will be shows on the 12th, 19th and 26th of Jan, 2nd, 16th and 23rd of Feb, 3rd and 16th of March. Only two weekends off in that stint. They've got nothing between March 16th and April 13th yet, but then they start again with shows on consecutive weeks on the 13th, 20th and 27th of April...and so it continues.
    Yeah I looked into that, its just they're growing continually, they've just added 20 more guys, they're trying to get alverez, they've signed some chicks, they've signed freakshow and a couple of the other TUF dudes.... they're going to need to stop soon otherwise there won't be enough shows to have them on for them to earn a living. Just an opinion.

i dont know about anyone else but i used to look forward to getting to see UFC once every 1 or 2 months, now we have one every other week and two TUF's running at the same time, half the time now i dont even know who is fighting on the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    i dont know about anyone else but i used to look forward to getting to see UFC once every 1 or 2 months, now we have one every other week and two TUF's running at the same time, half the time now i dont even know who is fighting on the cards.
    This was my point. I share the same opinion, trying to keep up is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    id like to see them host at least 2 stacked cards a year with a few titles on the line and really go all out with the match making and maybe those 2 shows can be in huge places just like WWF used to have wrestle mania 1s a year etc.

I think it is good and even if they had something on every week that would be cool. The world is big enough to put on top shows around the world with the best fighters on the planet. I like the idea of a feeder type league maybe 1 in Europe/Asia/Americas that sits underneath the main UFC like with the Fuel cards that can act as a feeder and guys can effectively come from there to the big cards.

Work it out with how many countries the UFC has been to and then factor in 1 or 2 there a year, it soon mounts up!
    Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer

Quote Originally Posted by THE EQUALIZER View Post
    I think it is good and even if they had something on every week that would be cool. The world is big enough to put on top shows around the world with the best fighters on the planet. I like the idea of a feeder type league maybe 1 in Europe/Asia/Americas that sits underneath the main UFC like with the Fuel cards that can act as a feeder and guys can effectively come from there to the big cards.

Work it out with how many countries the UFC has been to and then factor in 1 or 2 there a year, it soon mounts up!
    The problem with something like that though would be that they would still be wanting top draw ticket prices for a standard which realistically would be the same as what a lot of the top European shows are putting on currently and are a lot cheaper.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    The problem with something like that though would be that they would still be wanting top draw ticket prices for a standard which realistically would be the same as what a lot of the top European shows are putting on currently and are a lot cheaper.
    Its the Brand though the name UFC carrys a lot more weight no disrespect.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Its the Brand though the name UFC carrys a lot more weight no disrespect.
    Very true the brand does carry a lot more weight but that would all it would be if it got to the stage where they were doing continental type feeder shows.

Considering the way the economy is at the moment would people still be happy to fork out quite a lot for a ticket to see a standard they can see on other shows at a much cheaper price?
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    Very true the brand does carry a lot more weight but that would all it would be if it got to the stage where they were doing continental type feeder shows.

Considering the way the economy is at the moment would people still be happy to fork out quite a lot for a ticket to see a standard they can see on other shows at a much cheaper price?
    Personally im all for supporting local shows and hope they stay strong Made for the cage is doing a amazing job for the north east and even Uk and possibly soon Europe if the uk shows keep a standard like that i dont think they have a lot to worry about.

Also i think there will be grumbles but the ufc has such a huge pool of talent im sure they will match the right guys on the right shows to get bums on seats even if they do favour the home fighters in the match up just like local shows sometimes do. plus with the amount of money they are making i think soon the sport known as mma might as well be called ufc in 10 years down the line etc lol.

Huge shout out to cage warriors too.