Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bisping losing his sheen

Hybrid View

Default Bisping losing his sheen

Well until this morning I thought I was the only person in the UK who couldn't care less whether Bisping wins or loses. However, I was still curious enough to come on here and learn the news.

I was puzzled that it was devoid of comment and then looked at the UFC website. Then I heard in my head the old football chant (to the tune of "She'll be coming round the mountain") "Oh it's all gone quiet over there?.........."

Where are the usual haters, admirers of Bisping's undoubted skill (I recognise that but I am ambivalent about the prospect of him becoming the first British UFC champ), and those quasi racists who would support absolutely anyone over an American as long as he happened to have a UK passport.
    Last edited by Shaolin Exile; 20-01-2013 at 09:11 AM.
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

The master talker..

Vs Dan Henderson - KTFO
    Vs Chael Sonnen - Worst Sonnen beat the best Bisping
    Vs Vitor Belfort - TKTFO

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    The master talker..

Vs Dan Henderson - KTFO
    Vs Vitor Belfort - TKTFO
    ....whch does rather pose the question whether he will ever be a world champion. World class, yes but will he get a UFC title shot (still less a UFC title) before time runs out. In sporting terms at 34 he's arguably well into middle-age.

On the other hand, even before he came into MMA proper, back in 2002, his some time coach and the founder of KSBO (Paul Lloyd Davies) tipped Bisping to become a UFC champ should he ever decide to return to combat sports full time. Part of me would like to see Paul proved right
    but there are some things about Bisping's approach to competition whuch makes me wonder if he has what it takes to be a champ
    Last edited by Shaolin Exile; 20-01-2013 at 09:51 AM.
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

The master talker..

Vs Dan Henderson - KTFO
    Vs Vitor Belfort - TKTFO
    Beat the best Brian Stann and to be honest I thought he beat Sonnen

Quote Originally Posted by canvas assassin View Post
    Beat the best Brian Stann and to be honest I thought he beat Sonnen
    What's that got to do with anything, the best Stann lost to Sonnen, Davis and even Cantwell and Krystof?... He never beat Sonnen.

What's that got to do with anything, the best Stann lost to Sonnen, Davis and even Cantwell and Krystof?... He never beat Sonnen.
    17 wins without getting a title shot is a ufc record he should have had a title shot after beating Stann not have to fight someone whos moving between weight divisions. It would have made sense if Vitor would be on a run to the MW title again but he's not so IMO Bispings been fucked over. Not saying he would beat Silva but he's easily earned his chance.
    Last edited by canvas assassin; 20-01-2013 at 11:24 AM. Reason: spelling

17 wins without getting a title shot is a ufc record he should have had a title shot after beating Stann not have to fight someone whos moving between weight divisions. It would have made sense if Vitor would be on a run to the MW title again but he's not so IMO Bispings been fucked over. Not saying he would beat Silva but he's easily earned his chance.
    He's beaten nobody, beating the guy who's 9th in the world doesn't mean you deserve a title fight.

Who's he beat... Josh Haynes? Eric Schafer? Levi's Sinosic? Charles McCarthy? Jason Day, Mayhem Miller and Jorge Rivera...

Where are these guys?

Bisping has 13 wins in the UFC, not 17. He's 13-5, should be 12-6. And it's laughable to suggest he's been screwed over. The guy has literally beaten no one. I like Brian Stann, but beating him shouldn't get anyone a title shot, especially if it's an uneventful decision. If you want to see what being screwed over looks like look no further than Johny Hendricks. You can be damn sure that Bisping would have been given a title shot by now if he had half the big wins Hendricks has. Hendricks is fighting his fourth top 10 opponent in a row to finally get his shot. Bisping has had 3 #1 contender fights and he just picked up his first top 10 win. How delusional can you be?

Sorry i meant I thought Bisping was unlucky to lose against Sonnen I thought he had done enough to take the decision.
    Last edited by canvas assassin; 20-01-2013 at 11:59 AM.

would rather see lombard vs bisping than lombard vs okami

put it on in AUS or UK and it will sell