Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bisping losing his sheen

agh. ffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    He looked more chisled than usual and a little bigger imo, I heard a rumour he's been eating horsemeat.
    It was more the Stallone-esque paper thin skin that looked weird to me
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

Quote Originally Posted by canvas assassin View Post
    You can only beat whats put in front of you Thales Leites got a shot at Anderson enough said
    But it doesn't warrant a title shot, when Thales got the fight with Silva he was on a 5-0 win streak and there wasn't much else going on in the middleweight front, also the past holds no bearing on the present.

Quote Originally Posted by cagefiter4life View Post
    In fact, I'd actually definitely give Bisping odds on to beat Lombard by work rate. He just doesn't throw any real bombs and isn't particularly fast from what I've witnessed.
    Thats what everyone said he'd do to Vitor. It didn't happen.

Bisping ned drink mor milks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnfitOne View Post
    Anyone else think Vitor looked a little HGH'y / Test'y ?
    There has certainly been suspicions all week regarding it. Whenever asked about it he would give strange answers and TBH when they weighed in the first thing i said was that his back looked huge compared to when he fought Jones.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

I don't think many were saying that at all. There may be a slight bias on this forum as mainly UK posters but more thought Vitor was going to KO Mike. Vitor is athletic and has very quick hands and mixed up his kicks which Lombard certainly won't do. Lombard is slow, predictable and tecnically poor, but he does have a lot of power. Belfort was a shit match up for Mike, Biping is a shit matchup for Lombard. I think he'll struggle to land a decent shot on him

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    I don't think many were saying that at all. There may be a slight bias on this forum as mainly UK posters but more thought Vitor was going to KO Mike. Vitor is athletic and has very quick hands and mixed up his kicks which Lombard certainly won't do. Lombard is slow, predictable and tecnically poor, but he does have a lot of power. Belfort was a shit match up for Mike, Biping is a shit matchup for Lombard. I think he'll struggle to land a decent shot on him
    Lombard likes to be calculated and stalk his opponent, I thought he beat Boetsch personally but you can't say someone is slow, predictable and technically poor if they've finished 25 of their 32 fights and 18 have been KO/TKO.

I think if they fought that Lombard would KO Mike and thats not me being a hater, Lombard hits VERY hard and everytime Bisping gets hit with a good enough shot from someone with very heavy hands he gets drop e.g. Henderson, Wanderlei and Belfort. I'm taking nothing away from your opinion I'm just stating the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by canvas assassin View Post
    17 wins without getting a title shot is a ufc record he should have had a title shot after beating Stann not have to fight someone whos moving between weight divisions. It would have made sense if Vitor would be on a run to the MW title again but he's not so IMO Bispings been fucked over. Not saying he would beat Silva but he's easily earned his chance.
    Bisping has 13 wins in the UFC, not 17. He's 13-5, should be 12-6. And it's laughable to suggest he's been screwed over. The guy has literally beaten no one. I like Brian Stann, but beating him shouldn't get anyone a title shot, especially if it's an uneventful decision. If you want to see what being screwed over looks like look no further than Johny Hendricks. You can be damn sure that Bisping would have been given a title shot by now if he had half the big wins Hendricks has. Hendricks is fighting his fourth top 10 opponent in a row to finally get his shot. Bisping has had 3 #1 contender fights and he just picked up his first top 10 win. How delusional can you be?

Quote Originally Posted by PaperView View Post
    Bisping has 13 wins in the UFC, not 17. He's 13-5, should be 12-6. And it's laughable to suggest he's been screwed over. The guy has literally beaten no one. I like Brian Stann, but beating him shouldn't get anyone a title shot, especially if it's an uneventful decision. If you want to see what being screwed over looks like look no further than Johny Hendricks. You can be damn sure that Bisping would have been given a title shot by now if he had half the big wins Hendricks has. Hendricks is fighting his fourth top 10 opponent in a row to finally get his shot. Bisping has had 3 #1 contender fights and he just picked up his first top 10 win. How delusional can you be?
    The reason that Bisping got his shot was probably more to do with his Loyalty towards the UFC and service aswell as being a "contender" for the shot. End of the day he's had his shot now it's time for someone else to see if they can take their's
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!