Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Bisping losing his sheen

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    The reason that Bisping got his shot was probably more to do with his Loyalty towards the UFC and service aswell as being a "contender" for the shot. End of the day he's had his shot now it's time for someone else to see if they can take their's
    I think that was Bispings final shot at UFC gold, with the additions of Jacare, Gracie, Rockhold, Mousasai etc... he will be down the pecking order.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Lombard likes to be calculated and stalk his opponent, I thought he beat Boetsch personally but you can't say someone is slow, predictable and technically poor if they've finished 25 of their 32 fights and 18 have been KO/TKO.

I think if they fought that Lombard would KO Mike and thats not me being a hater, Lombard hits VERY hard and everytime Bisping gets hit with a good enough shot from someone with very heavy hands he gets drop e.g. Henderson, Wanderlei and Belfort. I'm taking nothing away from your opinion I'm just stating the facts.
    Fair enough. Lets just hope we can see this fight happen and see how it pans out. It should be intersting and adds a bit of extra spice with the beef Lombard has with Bisping

There's some pure gold on this thread, talk about deluded. Honestly think Lombard is a horrible matchup for Bisping.

Quote Originally Posted by Rza View Post
    There's some pure gold on this thread, talk about deluded. Honestly think Lombard is a horrible matchup for Bisping.
    Its an opinion pal, that's the whole point of a forum! You don't know any better than I do unless they fight do you?

I wasn't talking about Lombard in the first part of my post

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    The reason that Bisping got his shot was probably more to do with his Loyalty towards the UFC and service aswell as being a "contender" for the shot. End of the day he's had his shot now it's time for someone else to see if they can take their's
    The one thing I will say is while I've been skeptical of how the UFC has handled Bisping in the past, I don't think they gave him an easy run back to the title this time. After his fight with Chael he deserved to be within 2 or so wins of a title shot and they could have absolutely given him an easier road. I thought Stann was a tough fight for Bisping stylistically and I still can't believe they gave him Vitor, in Brazil no less. It honestly makes me wonder if they care too much whether he gets a title shot or not at this point because Stann and Vitor would be something I would pick for him if I was trying to get him a loss. I'm thinking maybe they realized after the Stann fight, which Dana said he thought Stann won, that he really had no business being in there with the champ. So they gave him a chance to prove himself against Vitor, or fall out of contention.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperView View Post
    The one thing I will say is while I've been skeptical of how the UFC has handled Bisping in the past, I don't think they gave him an easy run back to the title this time. After his fight with Chael he deserved to be within 2 or so wins of a title shot and they could have absolutely given him an easier road. I thought Stann was a tough fight for Bisping stylistically and I still can't believe they gave him Vitor, in Brazil no less. It honestly makes me wonder if they care too much whether he gets a title shot or not at this point because Stann and Vitor would be something I would pick for him if I was trying to get him a loss. I'm thinking maybe they realized after the Stann fight, which Dana said he thought Stann won, that he really had no business being in there with the champ. So they gave him a chance to prove himself against Vitor, or fall out of contention.
    Not sure I understand your post?

I don't think there is an 'easy road' for Bisping, he will always eventually come up against a genuine title contender (or former champion) and struggle (Rashad, Hendo, Wandy, Sonnen, Belfort). He still has time to improve but it's a big ask for him.

All roads lead to getting dominated by Silva anyway.

Not a Bisping hater by the way. I would love to see him make it to the top of the ladder.

Dont be scared Homie Plastikman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post
    He still has time to improve but it's a big ask for him.

I'm not sure if learning new skills, or improving on existing one's will be enough. Mike has great Cardio, foot work, accuracy, sub defense, and wrestling(or at least anti-wrestling), but he hasnt got the power to make opponents think twice.

Guys like Vitor, Hendo or Wand will happily wade through a couple of shots from Mike for the chance to land a bomb. Outworking guys like that for 25 minutes without them catching you is pretty unlikely.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Rza View Post
    I wasn't talking about Lombard in the first part of my post
    Well my apologies then. I don't personally think Lombard has the speed to trouble Bisping, but certainly has the power if he lands clean. We'll find out soon enough as this is a fight that will happen in the next 12 months, I'm certain of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post
    Not sure I understand your post?

I don't think there is an 'easy road' for Bisping, he will always eventually come up against a genuine title contender (or former champion) and struggle (Rashad, Hendo, Wandy, Sonnen, Belfort). He still has time to improve but it's a big ask for him.

All roads lead to getting dominated by Silva anyway.

Not a Bisping hater by the way. I would love to see him make it to the top of the ladder.
    They could've easily had him fight somebody like Boetsch, Okami or Belcher instead of Vitor. All would have been reasonable matchups and infinitely more winnable for Bisping.