Thread: Popped rib cartlidge

Default Popped rib cartlidge

Did it last Wednesday being stacked in BJJ. Anything I can do to speed up recovery? People who I know who have done it say 6 weeks with no exercise and at least 8 before I can even think about Jiujitsu again!!! I will crack up if this is the case.

Ah the old Jiujitsu Rib. Done that before my friend! Rested it for not long enough then popped it again pushing a pallet at work. Dropped like a sack of potatoes! A sack of potatoes that could no longer breathe.

Took me about a month to get better.
    When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail.

Well, I dont realy understand, how NHS works these days. I have a broken rib, suffer pain and in the end of days, they refuse even do a X ray, saying that I have to go on painkillers. Thats all ! Gp also cant refer me to scan until my lungs is punctured! I know there no any treatment to this kind of injury, as only paracetamol, but if I want to know how bad is this, why I just cant have a scan, image and etc.?