Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fighters Wives

Default Fighters Wives

Was really impressed with the show tonight.

Thought it was well made, brought the sport to the masses and educated people more on it.

What were your thoughts?
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

James Lake - Event Co-ordinator / Business Development

Thought it was really well presented and got the mix really well getting on different types of fighters who are different challenges in their careers and with Wives/Girlfriends who can tell different stories of their experiences within MMA.

Definately think that more people will find it acceptable afterwards and not as barbaric as some may think.

That programme is what good journalism is all about!

Some great footage of our event aswell
    www.ontoppromotions.co.uk - MMA Promotion/Fighter Management

Quote Originally Posted by ON TOP PROMOTIONS-MMA View Post
    Thought it was really well presented and got the mix really well getting on different types of fighters who are different challenges in their careers and with Wives/Girlfriends who can tell different stories of their experiences within MMA.

Definately think that more people will find it acceptable afterwards and not as barbaric as some may think.

That programme is what good journalism is all about!

Some great footage of our event aswell
    Totally agree.

I'd been keeping an eye on #fighterswives on twitter the past few days and prior to it many were slagging it off saying it was "white trash" in some instances but since the show was on the vast majority of tweets were really positive!

Thoroughly enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by KeiranMc View Post
    Thoroughly enjoyed it
    Me too. can only be good for MMA in this country. All things about it was good.

Colin Fletcher and his wife/kids are all cool as fuck. (he also has the best dinning room ever)

Paul McVeigh and his wife are extremely cool and his wife's work/love of the sport is admirable

Brad Pickett is one of the best fighters ever from these shores and it's cool how much his wife loves/cares for him.

I'm not the biggest knower of Callum Jones is a really good fighter (researched him afterwards) and his girlfriend has a real love for the sport.

heard nothing but good things about this show. Doesn't sound like my cup of tea, but if I have some free time over the weekend I might check it out.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Quote Originally Posted by RKing85 View Post
    heard nothing but good things about this show. Doesn't sound like my cup of tea, but if I have some free time over the weekend I might check it out.
    TBH it wasn't my cup of tea if you regard the genre but really impressed me in that it not only catered for the (uneducated) masses but also made many people within the industry happy. was a great show!

Quote Originally Posted by RKing85 View Post
    its more of a documentary than the likes of footballers wives etc... you will enjoy it

It was really good I thought, especially when it's a bunch of dudes you know. I thought all of the guys and their respective better halfs came across really well. I sat watching it with my GF, and she's definitely more like Pickett's missus in her reactions, and she even cried at the end!

Close to home, not too sensationalist and put on some really cool and intelligent folks. Good for the sport here I think.

Callum weight cutting made me feel a bit sick knowing that I've got to do it soon, and when Poppy was saying, 'he's very cranky, angry, moody etc. at the minute' my GF was just like "YEP."

I thought the show was excellent tbh. I initially had my reservations and turned down any part in it. Normally the mainstream media do nothing but sensationalize our sport in a negative manner but I can honestly say the makers have turned that view around in this instance.
    Well done channel 5.

Regards Callum Jones, he's a very gifted fighter and at 21 years old has a great future ahead of him. I genuinely believe he will make it to the biggest events over the next few years.
    If you love fighting you can never really lose!!!!!
    www.southcoastsubmissions.co.uk
    www.gym01.com