Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fighters Wives

gud to here that it mma is big business cause most of the promoters complain that they donot make any more and clearly they are
    They call me Tel. But its Mr. Tel to you!

I was surprised at how surprised I was by how well it reflected on us all having expected the usual media laziness of finding the dumbest fighter and stupidest slapper to represent us all. Yawn.....

You couldn't have picked a genuinely nicer group of guys and their partners to represent what MMA is truly about and what it means to everyone involved. Although they made sure they had the wider audience grabbed with phrase 'cage fighting' in the opening few minutes, at least they bothered to make the association with the correct terms.

Its too early to see if we are about to expect the turn in the tide of media attitudes to the sport but its certainly a great start to 2013.

I thought it was a really good programme, I liked how it showed how guys like Colin where doing it for the love of the sport and not the money, putting everything he had into making it to the UFC, Id ove to see them do a spin of show next year when Colin's got 2 big bonus from the UFC and he's got a huge gaff and a rampage stylee monster truck, when I was fighting I was never aiming for the UFC just having fun really, but I always saw guys dreamin of it and not having a lot to show for it, there's a fine line between chasing your dream and paying your mortgage, so it was good to see him and his family feel like all the hard work pay off.

A few other things when that girls dad said he does that for a few 100 made me laugh
    Why was he sitting in a bath of Epsom salts 2 days before weigh in, proper mental
    A Colin's wife, makes him a proper fella in my eyes

I was in it quite a bit so that makes it cool.

It was a great show and showed our sport in a great light. All the guys did themselves and thier families proud

James Lake - Event Co-ordinator / Business Development

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    I was in it quite a bit so that makes it cool.

It was a great show and showed our sport in a great light. All the guys did themselves and thier families proud
    You even got a speaking part on it! Well done mate
    www.ontoppromotions.co.uk - MMA Promotion/Fighter Management

Quote Originally Posted by ON TOP PROMOTIONS-MMA View Post
    You even got a speaking part on it! Well done mate
    If I'd have known I'd have had a shave. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    If I'd have known I'd have had a shave. LOL
    I laughed so much at the classic Sledge speech of "Lying on the floor with your hands around your head, does not constitute an intelligent defense."

Lost count of the number of times I've heard that and makes me laugh every time. It must be the delivery.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Sledge was in it! Amazing!

Don't worry about all the guys sacrificing their time with their loved ones training their arses off to achieve their dreams/ goals.

Sledge made it for me, glad in tuned in for him x

Quote Originally Posted by mangler View Post
    Sledge was in it! Amazing!

Don't worry about all the guys sacrificing their time with their loved ones training their arses off to achieve their dreams/ goals.

Sledge made it for me, glad in tuned in for him x
    I know. I make no sacrifices at all to do my part. It is all champagne and glamour.

Being the only person who was actually in 2 of the shows. 1 in Glasgow and the other in Watford. It was no sacrifice to leave my family and travel the length of the country.

Which part were you in?