Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soccer Kicks...

Default Soccer Kicks...

Just seen this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAH8AJ5v7J8

What do you guys think about Soccer Kicks? I know it was a big debate at one point - that Mixed Martial Arts should allow any kind of strike anywhere on the mat, but surely this kick of KO reminds us why they are gone from 'most' promotions?
    "When you're not training; somebody else is training to kick your ass."
    Part of Team Savage. Trained by Alex 'The Boy' Owen:
    http://www.teamsavage.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Nak-Muay View Post
    Just seen this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAH8AJ5v7J8

What do you guys think about Soccer Kicks? I know it was a big debate at one point - that Mixed Martial Arts should allow any kind of strike anywhere on the mat, but surely this kick of KO reminds us why they are gone from 'most' promotions?
    Gotta love the refs: "Don't Kick, Don't Kick. Ok. Ok."
    "When you're not training; somebody else is training to kick your ass."
    Part of Team Savage. Trained by Alex 'The Boy' Owen:
    http://www.teamsavage.co.uk/

I say bring back Pride rules!!

James Lake - Event Co-ordinator / Business Development

Personally, I am against it. Were all trying to make MMA into a Sport that's acceptable and by having rules like this just makes it hard to justify. Think we have to move with the times and away from the old Pride days (not debating they were some of the most exciting fights ever!).
    www.ontoppromotions.co.uk - MMA Promotion/Fighter Management

Soccer kicks No, knees to the head on the ground Yes... that 3 points on the ground rule gets on my tits, fine example of it in the Johnson v Dodson fight at the weekend where BJM was actually telling Johnson when he could and couldnt knee!!

id like soccer kicks and knees to the head on the ground allowed them 2 alone are huge game changers. Not saying its for everyone but the rules would help some styles.

Football kicks (i refuse to use the word soccer) shouldn't be allowed imo. It's a sport nowadays, not a street fight and the publicity of a downed opponent getting shoed in the head will hinder any chance of the sport growing in this country. In fact I think it could send it back a few years and push it underground, I certainly don't see it being shown on terrestrial TV. Personally I would like to see elbows to a grounded fighter banned as well, but thats just me I don't expect many to share that view?

No elbows should defo stay, yes they cut and do a lot of damage but GnP is a skill just like a standing thai elbow is and sometimes you cant land punches from the position you are in and when someone is tying up your wrists for a sweep/sub they can be the ultimate defence to that...

I also think they should be allowed in NSAC semi-pro C class bouts as well

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    id like soccer kicks and knees to the head on the ground allowed them 2 alone are huge game changers. Not saying its for everyone but the rules would help some styles.
    Considering the force that would go behind them they might also be life changers or even life enders.
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Go back to no gloves and no wraps, everything goes including crotch shots, biting, hair pulling and fish hooking. Unlimited rounds.