Thread: Hampshire

Default Hampshire

Is there any decent places to train Jiu Jitsu in Hampshire im based in fareham close to gym01 but its 67 a month for four hours training a week which eqauls 16.75 a session on top of that they require a 55 joining fee i know its a good gym but a bit exscessive dont you think?
    Theres silverback submissions in Southampton but been told to avoid by alot of people and the exile gym only offers two hours a week? Is there anywhere else i can go?
    Luke

lumpini in southampton has black belt nick brookes on a saturday

Going off the web site (and what I pay), I think you have the gym01 prices wrong.

You've quoted the gold level membership with the NHS/etc. discount. That gives you *all* of the BJJ, MMA, kickboxing etc. classes, access to the mats at all times and gym use.

If you just want the BJJ, you can sign up for Bronze which gives you all 4 BJJ classes, which is 50, or 45 with the discount.

The prices are monthly, so you have 16 BJJ classes, not 4 by the way So that's 2.81 a session.

Re the joining fee. It does sting! It's for the insurance etc. There was very recently an offer for no joining fee on gold memberships. You should check it out to see if it still on.

If you come down to gym01 for the BJJ, say hello to me. I'm David First class free!

http://www.gym01.com/prices/

Hi Mate, I also train BJJ @ GYM01, I'm on the bronze-lite package @ 30 per month as I can only make 2 sessions per week (BJJ and MMA intro) = 3.75 per session which is pretty good value tbf even once you've paid the joining fee - Chay

What have you heard that was so bad about silverbacks? I trained there and found everyone to be very friendly. A few of the lads seemed to do well in BJJ tournaments and the instructor was a Victor Estima Purple belt.

Ive spoke to three or four people who have said they went to silverbacks for a brief period then left because the instructor wasnt approachable and training wernt great. Im not saying thats true but i dont know why these people would lie but i suppose id never know unless i try it for myself in regards to nick brookes thats one session a week i cant see that being enough to progress at a good rate.

Quote Originally Posted by NEWBIE08 View Post
    Ive spoke to three or four people who have said they went to silverbacks for a brief period then left because the instructor wasnt approachable and training wernt great. Im not saying thats true but i dont know why these people would lie but i suppose id never know unless i try it for myself in regards to nick brookes thats one session a week i cant see that being enough to progress at a good rate.
    Its a shame people found that. From my experience Adam was very friendly and I would go back if I was in the area. Give them all a go and see how you find it. Pretty sure the first class at least would be free so you wouldnt lose anything. Would expect anywhere decent to give at least a free lesson so you could make up your own mind with no pressure etc.