Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: A Debut Fighters Diary

Thanks mate.was a day ill never forget
    Twitter @ricbrad

Great read dude, was tense reading your fight commentary haha!

Congratulations on the win, keep this up and keep us informed of whats next, found it very interesting
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Great read dude, was tense reading your fight commentary haha!

Congratulations on the win, keep this up and keep us informed of whats next, found it very interesting
    Will do mate.im going to be out of training for a while until my toe heals. Thanks for reading and your input mate. Good to know people found it interesting
    Twitter @ricbrad

The video of my fight is up.
    It is plain to see that my fitness is garbage but its all there. Feel free to critique it and give me pointers on where I could have done better or just enjoy a slightly unfit fighter go three rounds

Twitter @ricbrad

proud of you mate

This has made for some real good reading. Liked the rolling in the second. So whats next on the cards you looking to go pro some point in the future? Amateur rules look tricky in getting that finish

Quote Originally Posted by billybaker View Post
    This has made for some real good reading. Liked the rolling in the second. So whats next on the cards you looking to go pro some point in the future? Amateur rules look tricky in getting that finish
    Il be carrying on at amatuer for the time being.i need to work on all aspects of my training.i would one day love to go pro but that is a hell of a long way off lol.to be fair I was confident in my submission game but I just couldn't get any.and I was worried that if I went for one and got reversed itd be all over.i think I over thought it all too much,I should have just gone for it but like you saw when I did go for the triangle in the third he defended well and transitioned quickly.

I was humbled by the whole experience and have immense respect for my opponent for stepping in on 6 days notice.if he'd have had a full training camp and I didn't have experienced corner men talking me thru it and reminding me exactly what to do I'd have lost. It was the strangest feeling cos i ha forgot everything I'd learnt up until i was told hat to do
    Twitter @ricbrad

Hello mate, not been on here for a bit. Congratulations on the win but even more for just getting in there and doing it and letting us in on your experience. Your fight day posts are a real insight. Thanks again and keep up the hard work and the blogging.
    Blog: fightingatforty.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdog View Post
    Hello mate, not been on here for a bit. Congratulations on the win but even more for just getting in there and doing it and letting us in on your experience. Your fight day posts are a real insight. Thanks again and keep up the hard work and the blogging.
    Thanks mate. I'm out of action for a while due to my toe had the stitches out yesterday but its still really sore. I went to the gym last night to see everyone.i miss training a lot now that in out of action.
    Twitter @ricbrad

Nice fight man, in no way am i an experienced fighter but from what i saw:
    2:32 You had a triangle from mount screaming out to you when he put his hand on your hip, takes some flexibility but if you sink it then its almost 100% finish. Also when i mount personally i like to isolate an arm and start to play with it, start looking for your kimura/americana and inexperienced guys will freak out and reach over with the other hand, giving you the arm triangle in a plate.
    10:10 with the triangle attempt as he pulled out you could of gone for the omoplata.
    Also when in half guard personally i prefer to use the lockdown, its a lot easier to control their base and get a sweep.
    Nice fight though and you never looked in danger.