Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A Debut Fighters Diary

Quote Originally Posted by Joshw View Post
    Nice fight man, in no way am i an experienced fighter but from what i saw:
    2:32 You had a triangle from mount screaming out to you when he put his hand on your hip, takes some flexibility but if you sink it then its almost 100% finish. Also when i mount personally i like to isolate an arm and start to play with it, start looking for your kimura/americana and inexperienced guys will freak out and reach over with the other hand, giving you the arm triangle in a plate.
    10:10 with the triangle attempt as he pulled out you could of gone for the omoplata.
    Also when in half guard personally i prefer to use the lockdown, its a lot easier to control their base and get a sweep.
    Nice fight though and you never looked in danger.
    Thanks mate.will have a look at this and learn from it.appreciate the input
    Twitter @ricbrad

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtygoose View Post
    Thanks mate.will have a look at this and learn from it.appreciate the input
    At a few points you looked a little off balance on top and i was a bit scared he was going to sweep/reverse you thats the only negative I want to add apart from that im impressed.

Just read through your blog, and watched your fight, well done mate! You looked good in the video!

I'm looking to go for my first fight prob early 2014, just started MMA in November, done some boxing in past.

What was your training schedule like leading up to your fight?

Quote Originally Posted by shamuk View Post
    Just read through your blog, and watched your fight, well done mate! You looked good in the video!

I'm looking to go for my first fight prob early 2014, just started MMA in November, done some boxing in past.

What was your training schedule like leading up to your fight?
    Before the fight was confirmed I did 2 nights a week,2 classes a night.i did mma and bjj Monday,kickboxing and wrestling Thursday.

When's fight was confirmed I trained 4 nights a week,mma bjj mon,k1 and sparring tue,mma wed and k1 and wrestling Thur.

Good look mate and any more questions just ask
    Twitter @ricbrad

Before the fight was confirmed I did 2 nights a week,2 classes a night.i did mma and bjj Monday,kickboxing and wrestling Thursday.

When's fight was confirmed I trained 4 nights a week,mma bjj mon,k1 and sparring tue,mma wed and k1 and wrestling Thur.

Good look mate and any more questions just ask
    Thanks for your reply mate! Any idea when you want your next fight? How long were your classes for?

What type of strength and conditioning did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by shamuk View Post
    Thanks for your reply mate! Any idea when you want your next fight? How long were your classes for?

What type of strength and conditioning did you do?
    I'm hoping to get another fight in by the end of the year but also fancy doing a bjj comp.classes were an hour each so I was doing 2 hours most nights.my conditioning basically came from training and sparring but I'd go for a 2 mile jog wry other day aswell.i isn't really train any strength other than a few free weights at home.i didn't have a specific s and c plan but in hindsight I would definetly change tht in the future.id have one put together before the fight and stick to it with a personal trainer.as you can see from the video I was exhausted by the end of it.
    Twitter @ricbrad

I'm hoping to get another fight in by the end of the year but also fancy doing a bjj comp.classes were an hour each so I was doing 2 hours most nights.my conditioning basically came from training and sparring but I'd go for a 2 mile jog wry other day aswell.i isn't really train any strength other than a few free weights at home.i didn't have a specific s and c plan but in hindsight I would definetly change tht in the future.id have one put together before the fight and stick to it with a personal trainer.as you can see from the video I was exhausted by the end of it.
    Im Available the end of this year anywhere from 82kg to 94kg both very low level it would be fun if serious we could have our coaches contact each other would be fun for both of us. x
    Last edited by Babycakes; 11-03-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Im Available the end of this year anywhere from 82kg to 94kg both very low level it would be fun if serious we could have our coaches contact each other would be fun for both of us. x
    Naa mate your alright
    Twitter @ricbrad

Naa mate your alright
    Not a problem on paper would be a fair match thats why I asked.

Walkout music id never use another song to be honest lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guocvS7XQW0
    Last edited by Babycakes; 13-03-2013 at 05:48 PM.