Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UCMMA is officially 100% SAFE MMA!!

Default UCMMA is officially 100% SAFE MMA!!

From the Safe MMA twitter feed:

Safe MMA ‏@SafeMMAUK

Breaking News: The final blood & medical test results have been cleared for @UCMMA 32 #MMA fighters. This is a 100% #SAFEMMA #MMA card

Dr Jack Kreindler ‏@drjackUK

Huge congrats to all the fighters & @CageRageDave for making @UCMMA the 1st 100% @SafeMMAUK Event. You have made a big step for your Sport.

I feel all should be celebrated and supported. The wheels are finally in motion
    Commentator: CWFC, Kayo MMA, Shock n Awe. SAFE MMA. johngooden.co.uk @johngoodenuk

Good work by the guys, altho the Uk1 fights aren't covered, must of been hard to get it all in order, but i never doubted for one second that Dave would let it get in the way even when there was a late replacement 3 days before!

The hardest step will be the first show under the banner for all the promotions, but soon it will be the norm, all the fighters are now used to the process on ucmma, so the hard work is done for them.

Here are some pictures of todays weigh in at the Troxy as well as a little preview for each of the top 4 fights - Vassell V Galesic - Bunduku V Lawrence - Neun V Striblling - Radcliffe V Stone

http://love2fightuk.com/2013/02/01/u...-mini-preview/
    Owner of @LOVE2FIGHTmag, student of BKK Fighters & PR for WFS: Warrior Fight Series

Good shout George. In the interest of complete accuracy, UK1 was never aiming to be covered as it isn't considered a pro MMA contest. UK1 fighters are welcome to use the system however.
    Commentator: CWFC, Kayo MMA, Shock n Awe. SAFE MMA. johngooden.co.uk @johngoodenuk

So about 85% safe MMA then? ;-)

i'm afraid you've got me there...unless of course the UK1 guys have met the same medical criteria. i'll ask .

if i remember rightly, at the safe mma press conference Dave did say that Safe MMA would be implemented across the whole show including the UK1 fights. that's the only reason i brought it up. Agreed that it isnt pro mma so technically shouldnt be covered, altho that is a weakness of the system.
    Owner of @LOVE2FIGHTmag, student of BKK Fighters & PR for WFS: Warrior Fight Series

Eitherway its a massive step. Well done UCMMA.

I second that!

Quote Originally Posted by gmccann15 View Post
    if i remember rightly, at the safe mma press conference Dave did say that Safe MMA would be implemented across the whole show including the UK1 fights. that's the only reason i brought it up. Agreed that it isnt pro mma so technically shouldnt be covered, altho that is a weakness of the system.
    Again, just to be absolutely clear, SAFE MMA only supports mixed martial arts. However, should a UK1 fighter for example wish to undergo the medical procedures, that is absolutely fine and encouraged in this specific situation as everyone on the card will have been medically assessed to the same level. Without getting involved in too much debate, it is not a weakness of the system, it is very clear: SAFE MMA, not SAFE MMA and other hybrid combat. Weakness is such a horrible word

i get what you are saying lol, just that i assumed it was going to be forced upon by ucmma that all their fighters are safe mma registered whether uk1 or mma, didnt think the uk1 guys were gonna have a choice like what you are describing.