Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UCMMA is officially 100% SAFE MMA!!

I think for simplicity, because it makes sense and because UCMMA were pretty much nearly there with the medical procedures before SAFE MMA, UCMMA have rolled out the SAFE MMA procedures to everyone competing on the night. It was not a requirement of SAFE MMA, but if you have competitors that are not medically assessed to at least SAFE MMA standards then you would need to administer a clinical wash to the cage, so that medical safety is maintained. I'm guessing its easier (and preferred) if all atheletes are cleared to the same level.
    Commentator: CWFC, Kayo MMA, Shock n Awe. SAFE MMA. johngooden.co.uk @johngoodenuk

so they have had bloods done so that there's no need for a clinical wash down of the cage, just arent registered with safe mma because it isn't an mma fight, fair play.

as for the clinical wash topic, would this need to be administered by cage warriors in between the amateur(non-safe mma) card and the pro (safe mma) card seeing as amateurs wont be signing up? or will the same process be taken, as with the UK1 fights? bloods being done so that no clinical wash needs to be done, however not needing to sign to safe mma?

after this one i promise i'll leave you alone lol
    Owner of @LOVE2FIGHTmag, student of BKK Fighters & PR for WFS: Warrior Fight Series

Quote Originally Posted by gmccann15 View Post

as for the clinical wash topic, would this need to be administered by cage warriors in between the amateur(non-safe mma) card and the pro (safe mma) card seeing as amateurs wont be signing up? or will the same process be taken, as with the UK1 fights? bloods being done so that no clinical wash needs to be done, however not needing to sign to safe mma?

after this one i promise i'll leave you alone lol
    Dont worry mate, if you are thinking it, then others are too. I dont know the logistics of Cage Warriors plans, however you are correct. If the minimum medical standard set by SAFE MMA is not achieved across the card in the same cage/ ring/ mat for example, then measures need to be taken so that there is no possibility of a disease being transfered. A clinical wash will ensure that. I've been told a simple chlorine based solution is all that is necessary however the doctors at SAFE MMA would be happy to recommend a specific product etc and I would always advise a promoter to speak with the doctors about prescribing the correct solution.
    Commentator: CWFC, Kayo MMA, Shock n Awe. SAFE MMA. johngooden.co.uk @johngoodenuk

Massive step forward. Well done guys.