Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best way to ensure a sell out crowd?

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Default best way to ensure a sell out crowd?

What do you think are the main factors which encourage full attendance?

Surely will be different for local shows, top domestic shows and then UFC.

Top quality main event?
    Excellent main card?
    One or two major ticket sellers?
    Making sure all fighters sell tickets?

What's your view on this?
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

I'm surprised you have to ask: Free tickets, free beer , free chocolate
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

More seriously: Affordable tickets avialabel from the venue and one or two agents (including options for online and phone purchase), Good card, Effective advertising (ie advertising that reaches as many people as possible in the target audience)
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Have a 20 fight fight card and break it down in the following way.

18 Amateur Semi Pro NSAC rules fights - make sure at least 17 are home fighters regardless of how shit. (offer 5 ticket deal)
    2 Pro fights - make sure at least 3 are home fighters. (offer shitty purse but 10 ticket deal)

If you can get either 2 or 3 drug dealers on there, a couple of bouncers or some roid sellers from the local gym you're fucking laughing.

^ That's sure to sell out a venue.

Grass roots show with a 'big show' feel, localish first timers (or as close to first time) fighting Unified rules, affordable tickets and a realistically sized venue. Preferably in a small town where there's little to do.

Nothing sells tickets like a young first time fighter's families and friends.

Bear in mind I have never ever organised an event. Just things I've noticed attending shows.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

And you need to make the most insane boasts about how the show is the best in your region, the Country, Continent, the known universe and talk all your ticket sellers up like they are the second coming even if they are 3-25.

Quote Originally Posted by iandean View Post
    And you need to make the most insane boasts about how the show is the best in your region, the Country, Continent, the known universe and talk all your ticket sellers up like they are the second coming even if they are 3-25.
    Love this lol
    Liam Bad Intentions James, pro mma uk featherweight!!

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

ha, awesomely bitter people, quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Exile View Post
    More seriously: Affordable tickets avialabel from the venue and one or two agents (including options for online and phone purchase), Good card, Effective advertising (ie advertising that reaches as many people as possible in the target audience)
    what do you think makes it most effective? surely it can be done well, but it sounds like you can quite easily spend a lot of money without a great deal of success.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    ha, awesomely bitter people, quality.

what do you think makes it most effective? surely it can be done well, but it sounds like you can quite easily spend a lot of money without a great deal of success.
    depends who you want at your event. If you are looking to fill it with new fans flood the local area with posters, kebab shops, pubs, local shops etc... no point doing facebook advertising, online banners, FO mag etc... depends how big your show is

Good PR and Media :-)