Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ah right, so Belfort did have TRT

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Default ah right, so Belfort did have TRT

apologies if this has been discussed before, if so, i missed it.

Michael Bisping, an outspoken critic of PED and testosterone usage, has lost four fights over the past three and a half years. Three of the four men who beat him were competing while using testosterone under TUEs: Henderson, Belfort and Sonnen. I guess we can understand his uncensored candor when it comes to this issue.
    prolly would've bashed all three if they were clean

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...ot-Equal-49829
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Read this as well lol... He wouldn't have bashed all three, that little bit of TRT would not have stopped him being knocked the fuck out by Dan Henderson and the KO from Belfort imo... Worst Chael Sonnen beat the best Michael Bisping.

hahaha I started this thread, using that wording, in the hope of making your head explode. you seem to have stayed relatively calm though, which is upsetting
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    hahaha I started this thread, using that wording, in the hope of making your head explode. you seem to have stayed relatively calm though, which is upsetting
    I'm sorry I dissapointed mate

Seriously though if Henderson hadn't have had the little synthetics that he'd had, he'd have still given Bisping the nap he did.

I don't think that trt is relevant in the bisping fights. However, I think it is fckin laughable that any of these guys are using it, it should be banned.
    It's a shit loophole that will ultimately hold the sport back, especially in a country like ours who still respect the rules of fair play rather than win at all costs. If these guys have low testosterone then it is probably because of juicing earlier in their fight/wrestling careers, so it makes a mockery that they are able to gain this advantage. If it is due to age then it's time to find a new career, just like any other sport!
    Last edited by Jonny Ninja; 07-02-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Dont be scared Homie Plastikman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Read this as well lol... He wouldn't have bashed all three, that little bit of TRT would not have stopped him being knocked the fuck out by Dan Henderson and the KO from Belfort imo... Worst Chael Sonnen beat the best Michael Bisping.
    I disagree; given factors like age and wear and tear I doubt either Belfort, Sonnen or Hendo's bodies would allow them to train hard enough to stay competitive with the likes of Bisping without TRT.

It really annoys me. MMA appears, for some reason to attract a disproportionate amount of guys who suffer from hypogonadism. It just seems like a licence to cheat.

Maybe Im wrong, maybe flying in the face of statistics, all these string athletic guys are genuinely suffering from hypogonadism....Pretty odd coincidence that one of the causes is long term steroid use though
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Dont be scared Homie Plastikman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    I don't think that trt is relevant in the bisping fights. However, I think it is fckin laughable that any of these guys are using it, it should be banned.
    It's a shit loophole that will ultimately hold the sport back, especially in a country like ours who still respect the rules of fair play rather than win at all costs. If these guys have low testosterone then it is probably because of juicing earlier in their fight/wrestling careers, so it makes a mockery that they are able to gain this advantage. If it is due to age then it's time to find a new career.
    I disagree again, chances are without TRT Vitor couldnt have put the work in before the fight, and would have been blowing out his arse by the end of the 1st.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Plastikman View Post
    I disagree again, chances are without TRT Vitor couldnt have put the work in before the fight, and would have been blowing out his arse by the end of the 1st.
    I strongly agree with your previous post in the most part. With regarsd to whether the fights with Mike would've gone any different, none of us are ever gonna know, the fights have happened and the result stands no matter what advantages these guys may have given themselves

If 1 person takes it then it is cheating as it is not a level playing field.

Either do it or don't.

I'd like to see two 350lb roid monsters smash each other or 2 clean athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastikman View Post
    I disagree; given factors like age and wear and tear I doubt either Belfort, Sonnen or Hendo's bodies would allow them to train hard enough to stay competitive with the likes of Bisping without TRT.
    agreed. also, as an ageing athlete (no disrespect intended, but he is over 40), you must really feel it after a hard training session - getting yourself up for the next one must be murder. To then get a TRT TUE and feel to some extent rejuvenated, imagine what that would do for your confidence.