Thread: Dan Hardy set to retire in 2014

Hybrid View

Default Dan Hardy set to retire in 2014

Dan Hardy looks set to leave the sport in 2014 and would like to gain his doctorate in philosophy before back packing around South America.

http://www.thefightlounge.co.uk/news...m-mma-in-2014/
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

He would already be back packing around South America if the UFC had cut him when he deserved to be after going 0-4

Not necessarily, even though he was 0-4 all his fights were fucking brawls, Dana said he'd always be kept because that's what he does, he fights, not someone who pisses around smothering people doing nothing or boringly get taken to a decision like Rashad did last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    boringly get taken to a decision like Rashad did last weekend.
    I've seen a lot worse fights than that with Hardy in them (GSP). Mind you I could be being biased as Nog won me money

Grizzly is spot on here.

that really is a shitty article.

It doesn't the positive aspects of the interview where Dan says his plan is to fight 3 times this year to propel himself to a title shot and then in 2014 win the title, defend it at least once and then retire.

It's MMA. MMA retirements last only slightly longer than pro wrestling retirements.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Be sad to see Dan leave the sport, but I guess it shows how sensible he is; planning for the future as opposed to presuming things are gonna come his way. Will be following him until the day he hangs up his gloves!
    "When you're not training; somebody else is training to kick your ass."
    Part of Team Savage. Trained by Alex 'The Boy' Owen:
    http://www.teamsavage.co.uk/